The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Epiphany #1

Chris Farley once said, "That's one small step for man....one giant...I HAVE A DREAM!" and I couldn't agree more.

I had an epiphany. I must meet Ricky Gervais.

Ricky has been a constant tease this year and I have had enough. Today marks the first day of my quest for Ricky Gervais. When I first arrived in London, we almost met at his book signing but I went to a school meeting instead which ended up being a meeting about how to get a mobile phone if you are not from England. This might have been a very informative session if I had been paying more attention and was less focused on my incoming text messages.

Also, I hardly know anyone that loved Extras here - although I watched all of season one over 6 times. How does that gives me credibility to meet him, you ask? Well... I HAVE A DREAM!

So last night as we were watching "Politics", Ricky's stand up of 2004, I decided that I have had enough. Wish me luck on my quest to find the one and only, Mr. Gervais.

(This posting will only be cool if I meet Ricky in the next five years...don't hold your breath.)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Oh - another thing. Because I am currently "writing" my "dissertation" for my "Masters", I don't have a lot "going on" so I will be posting more and more "life altering decisions" like wanting to meet Ricky Gervais. Please feel free to share yours.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    Okay it really gets me down when Blogger is experiencing tech diffs and my funny comments are lost. I can't be funny twice especially not this morning. Mommy is over tired from the sleep-over at Bevan's apartment for one that once again slept 5.

    If anyone can meet Ricky Emm it is you. I think you have this one in the bag.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home