The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Where everybody knows your name

When I first arrived at Rexall Place I ran into Mr. Smytty. No joke. He was walking into the arena with the man of the night SYk (2 goals) and Bergie, and there were about four people standing watching them walk in, so I casually cheered and clapped and Ryan looked up at me and waved. Then he says to me,just me (no lie) "Hey there is a guy in a Flames jersey over there! Go get him!" So I say, "I'm on it Smytty!" And he says "Great! Go burn that." Speechless. I remained so calm and collected. Ryan Smyth and I had a conversation. A BIG DIFFERENCE from my Vancouver incident. This is a turning point in my life.

FYI - I got the GWN pizza. It was amazing.

As per usual, we were in our seats a little earlier than most.

But luckily the fans and friends kept rollin in all night! Including Red Leader and S-Dawg...
 

11 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOOOOWWWW!!! I AM SO IMPPRESSED ABOUT YOUR SMYTTY STORY> THAT IS VERY COOL EMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I only remember the time we ran into him in West Edmonton Mall! and you burst into tears on sight. You were really cool then, really kept it together, after the hysterical sobbing stopped...glad to see that you are improving!!!!! hahahaha nerd.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh! That is amazing! I can't believe you remained so cool, calm and collected in the presence of Smytty. If Mike Fisher ever talked to me or even looked in my direction, I think that I would die. Seriously.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    How frustrating that these pictures aren't working....I'm at work but will def try and fix this situation. Never fear bloggers!!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger El Oso said…

    Are you really that short Em? Who is S-Dog?

     
  • At 7:05 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hey Emm - remember the time in second year that you were convinced that you were 5'8? It was a harsh reality at 260 Alfred that night... Definite H-light.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger El Oso said…

    Seriously, Kate looks a FOOT taller than you.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    A) Camera angle

    B) Heels vs Flats - you guess which one is which

    C) I am 5'4 and a half. Fact. And yes in University I thought I was 5'8 and then I was measured against my midget housemate and lost. That was a shocking day.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Kel, was that BEFORE or AFTER I thought I was Michele Kwan?

     
  • At 9:29 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    That was a full year after you thought you were Michelle Kwan but before you thought you were goth.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    HAHAHAHAHAHA - I'm glad we got that sorted.

    Now, back to reality. I gotta take my tanned Latina butt to my gymnastics lessons. 2010 is just around the corner.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Dudes.

    May 28, 1998.

    Went into shock as I turned the corner and there was Mr. Smytty trying on boots at Roots. I went white and burst into hysterical tears. There was nothing I could do.

    He is a hero.

    With a mullet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home