The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back from BC



I'm back from my Crazy BC adventure. Crashing at Red Leader's place tonight. For those that don't know, Victoria is known for its old people, which is why I had hesitations on visiting. I'm always afraid my D.W.S. phase that I went through in high school will come back into play after years of treatment. You see, I discovered in my tween years that I don't like old people. I had trouble relating to anyone that didn't know that Eminem was not a hard shell candy, that Dr. Dre had never been to medical school, and that you spell Fabolous with an "O", not a "U"!!!! But I slowly overcame this 'ignance and decided to abort my 'Down with Seniors' club, cancel my 'Down with Seniors' newsletters, and take off my 'Down with Seniors' buttons. Alas, I arrived in Senior-land and managed to keep the D.W.S thing under wraps.

Big ups to Pearcey for hosting me this weekend. My parents often descibe me as being a "handful" or "annoying" or "the one we always forget" and I know it was no easy task - but you did a great job! (Of hosting, that is, not forgetting.)

I don't have my diggy cam cord so I can't post my pics yet - which is why I am saving my weekend update for tomorrow's posting, but I will tell you about Friday. When I got to Victoria, Pearce showed me how beautiful her city was and we went to the beach right by her house. How lucky! We also hit up the best fish and chips in town by the docks and then headed to see Jackass 2 (good tip Big Gunner!) My oh My was it fuh-nee. The sold-out crowd starting the movie off before the previews by shouting Lil Jon calls across the theatre. "WwwwwHAaaaaaaaT?" "YEeeeeeeAaaaaaaH!" "OhhhhhhKAY!" I laughed so hard in this movie. HILARIOUS. I forgot how much I liked the first one. Even forgot that I bought it. The sequel reminded me. It is, however, not a good pick for anyone who is eligable or close to being eligable as a candidate of the D.W.S. club.

And then came Saturday....

8 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    Great opening photo!

     
  • At 12:22 AM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    great pic..i saved it!
    em... i got a blog www.rickjackson.blogspot.com
    2much?
    check me out sumtime.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u are very welcome em...but you forgot to leave a tip under my pillow....

     
  • At 10:03 AM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha i remember that too BIG GUNNER!! QUALITY!

    I know a few S'...just a few..its not like they are the ONLY people I hang out with...

     
  • At 3:44 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Listen, as someone who worked at Joanne's Fashions for Senior Women for a good portion of my young adulthood, I would say don't knock the old folk. Sure, they change with the door open. Sure, they sometimes smell bad and make you help them adjust their bra. But one day I hope to do all of those things to a spry young lady like I was.
    Full circle. Case closed.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    Don't worry Pearce. I am sure that you have a similar set-up as I do. Mrs. Bailey must just be a little behind on transferring the money into your account. She'll come through. You are a lot to handle Emm. That is why your parents are forced to pay a premium.

    I need details on the rest of the visit!!!!

    Lost season 3 premiere tonight. The anticipation is killing me.

    Siberia?
    The Others?

    IT'S GONNA BE GOOD!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NOOO!! I'm so JEALOUS. I have to wait months for LOST!!! sad....

     
  • At 9:30 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Yeah. Pumped for Lost as well Kel.

    Will be posting my pics tonight! Can't wait to share them!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home