The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ok - back to Britain.



Meet Jamie Oliver.


I watched a tv special on him last night and how he is trying to get school boards and parents to stop feeding their kids junk food and support Jamie's hot meals in the schools. He seems like a really great guy, fighting with parents who refused to support him. So I support him on my Blog.

Which reminds me - I know A LOT of chefs in England. So I have a couple of questions that need to be asked.

1. Do other countries have famous chefs? If so, who are they?

2. Do non-Brits hear about Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey etc?

3. Since when did chefs become celebs?

11 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    New York is full of famous chefs: Mario Batali, Jean Georges Vorgechen, Anthony Bourdain, Alain Ducasse etc. etc.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't Gordon Ramsey the main character in Robertson Davies' Deptford trilogy?

     
  • At 5:22 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    I am trying to figure out the photos. Is that a before and after of Jamie Oliver? If so, which is before? And if the left is before, where does he get the right to lecture school kids on food?

    It's late. This is not one of my favourite topics.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The overweight guy is the example of the British schoolboy. Pretty good likeness I would say..Jamie Oliver is the other guy...But i can see the confusion...

     
  • At 3:16 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Jamie Oliver.

    In terms of other international chefs, does "Wok with Yan" mean anything to you?

     
  • At 3:23 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    What's with all these guys knowing about and having opinions on chefs and when am I going to get a meal out of them?

    But,alas, as I said before cooking and weight - not one of my favourite topics!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here about him?????I want Jamie Oliver for dessert!

     
  • At 11:45 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you love Jamie Oliver then you are going to love Dave Lieberman, yummy! http://www.foodtv.ca/ontv/hostdetails.aspx?hostid=41067

    And as for Canadian chefs we have Christine Cushing, David Rocco, Michael Smith and the list goes on. They are all great in the kitchen!

     
  • At 2:42 AM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chefs? Have I reached the correct website? Emm....? Emm....?

     
  • At 4:59 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey. They are great. They are like the Canadian equivalent of Henri Burger.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jamie oliver has a show called Cooking With Jamie, filmed in Melbourne (here) because his bestie is Melburnian. So the Smelly Bs. know about him down under.
    fuck you for being at home. i'm going home fro players, ya dig?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home