Cricket. Yeah, you heard me...CRICKET!
Ok folks, less than a week left in England before my trip home, so instead of commenting on topics home-related (such as a certain 5-0 win against the Coyotes), this week will be British themed. I start it off by talkin' cricket and posting a picture of Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff, the Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, and...Eric Lindros of cricket.
I was at the gym the other day and BBC Sports was going through the roster of this year's England team and I was so suprised at how good looking all of them were. I am now determined to learn more about cricket. That has always been a goal, but the view helps! The Ashes is the name of the match-up between England and Australia and after England's win in 2005, this year is much anticpated.
According to wikipedia, Flintoff picked up the nickname "Freddie" or "Fred" due to perceived similarities with Fred Flintstone. Ummm...what??? Maybe its just me, but I don't see it.
So maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough tune in to "THE EMM" for some cricket info. Until then, enjoy Freddie!
I was at the gym the other day and BBC Sports was going through the roster of this year's England team and I was so suprised at how good looking all of them were. I am now determined to learn more about cricket. That has always been a goal, but the view helps! The Ashes is the name of the match-up between England and Australia and after England's win in 2005, this year is much anticpated.
According to wikipedia, Flintoff picked up the nickname "Freddie" or "Fred" due to perceived similarities with Fred Flintstone. Ummm...what??? Maybe its just me, but I don't see it.
So maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough tune in to "THE EMM" for some cricket info. Until then, enjoy Freddie!

14 Comments:
At 10:12 PM, September 18, 2006,
Emm said…
I'm working towards my cricket expertise.
Had some lads over tonight who gave me a cricket tutorial. Baby steps...
At 11:10 PM, September 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Are you home for good in a week or are you returning?
Lisa
At 11:10 PM, September 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Are you home for good in a week or are you returning?
Lisa
At 11:21 PM, September 18, 2006,
Emm said…
Only home for a few weeks unfortunately Lisa. Will be back in L.don for November!
At 11:29 PM, September 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
i dont get why you would leave england to go back to Canada?....
At 12:40 AM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Football- Tom Brady
Soccer-The Becks
Cricket- Any Flintoff
...Good lord have I been in the wrong sport!
-Juju
At 12:49 AM, September 19, 2006,
Emm said…
Speaking of which, Becks was cut from Team England. WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!
And T.O. broke his finger.
What's next?? Is someone gonna tell me they don't find Smytty attractive????
At 3:56 AM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Re..sist...ing... co..mm..ent...
Cant wait to see you Emm! I have a whole journal of stories/embarrassments to tell you!!
-Juju
At 4:12 AM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
"A backdoor goal for Ryan Smyth!" - Rod Phillips, aka The Voice
Just heard his first goal of the pre-season, Emma you should be very proud.
2-1 Oilers.
Life is whole again. Oilers, have I told you that You Complete Me?
At 5:59 AM, September 19, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
As someone who had their wedding reception at "The Cricket Club", who devoured more shrimp than one could imagine at the Cricket Club buffet dinners, who curled for the Cricket Club and who would often see the Cricket Team playing on the field at the Cricket Club, I have some comments that should be useful.
Cricket players are generally larger than soccer players - taller, heftier, stronger, less likely to fall down and roll around on the ground (perhaps it's their higher centre of gravity).
They dress all in white and roll up their sleeves unless they are wearing white sweaters with their white shirts.
And they seem very, very manly!
And they like tea!
Hope that helps. I think it is all very pertinent and important!
Cheerio!
At 6:01 AM, September 19, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Oh, and they speak English, unlike all that foreign language stuff below!
So, that is very helpful in one's appreciation of the sport and the athletes.
I'm chuffed!
At 1:21 PM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
And another thing THEY NEVER HEAD BUTT. NEVER. Also they never spill tea on their perfectly white uniforms that are not designed by Lulu. Phew.
At 7:46 PM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Emm - LA Mike was the captain of his Vancouver private school cricket team. They travelled through England ect. I have often tried to have him explain, but it is a very complicated game.
At 12:57 AM, September 20, 2006,
Kelly said…
As your evil (but better looking) other half I say keep up the good work. I mean you are developing your research skills.
Man I need to remember to check this thing everyday - I have been busy "working". BO-RING!
Flintoff is a hottie. Undeniable. Just wait until you get home though Emm. It will remind you how much you love North American men. It is like going to the gym but sooooo much better.
Post a Comment
<< Home