Yeah it looked like a miss. It's too bad because the story line could have had potential but I guess not. Too bad because I have a major crush on Mr. Harnett. He had to at least make it worth it no?
I can't wait to see the Guardian. Ashton and Kevin here I come!
Ok...I found this review of the movie on the net. It is so funny because it sums up exactly how I felt.
"Everyone should be warned that The Black Dahlia case didn't even enter the movie for the first hour. Not to mention all the unneccessariy scenes of gore and even a random earthquake. The entire thing was soo over dramatic that everyone in the audience couldn't help but laugh."
I was laughing almist the whole movie. It was soooo bad!
Quote of the movie, "Why are you so good at stuff?"
PLEASE!!!!! DO not see this movie!!! It was painful..and if anyone (not to mention names EL OSO!!!) tells me that they LIKE this movie, I will be even MORE upset than I was for the History of Violence incident.
The only enjoyment I had was listening to Emma to burst out laughing randomnly.
Please, I read. This from New York magazine (David Edelstein):
I’ve read the novel twice, and even with the movie’s won’t-shut-up narrator I didn’t know what was going on . . . And since this is another hopeless attempt by [Hilary] Swank to embody sultry femininity, everything she touches turns to camp. Hartnett isn’t in the same picture anyway; he’s like a kid waking up in the middle of a movie with no idea what’s going on. Johansson was bred for long white gowns and cigarette holders, but her putative Madame Tussauds counterpart could have given this performance. In context, the solidly second-rate Aaron Eckhart looms large.
6 Comments:
At 12:29 AM, September 17, 2006,
Kelly said…
Yeah it looked like a miss. It's too bad because the story line could have had potential but I guess not. Too bad because I have a major crush on Mr. Harnett. He had to at least make it worth it no?
I can't wait to see the Guardian. Ashton and Kevin here I come!
At 1:33 AM, September 17, 2006,
Emm said…
Ok...I found this review of the movie on the net. It is so funny because it sums up exactly how I felt.
"Everyone should be warned that The Black Dahlia case didn't even enter the movie for the first hour. Not to mention all the unneccessariy scenes of gore and even a random earthquake. The entire thing was soo over dramatic that everyone in the audience couldn't help but laugh."
I was laughing almist the whole movie. It was soooo bad!
Quote of the movie, "Why are you so good at stuff?"
At 6:30 AM, September 17, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
"The Boys - and a Girl - from County Clare" is a lovely movie. Rent it and watch it as an antidote.
At 11:17 AM, September 17, 2006,
Anonymous said…
PLEASE!!!!! DO not see this movie!!! It was painful..and if anyone (not to mention names EL OSO!!!) tells me that they LIKE this movie, I will be even MORE upset than I was for the History of Violence incident.
The only enjoyment I had was listening to Emma to burst out laughing randomnly.
At 8:04 PM, September 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Please, I read. This from New York magazine (David Edelstein):
I’ve read the novel twice, and even with the movie’s won’t-shut-up narrator I didn’t know what was going on . . . And since this is another hopeless attempt by [Hilary] Swank to embody sultry femininity, everything she touches turns to camp. Hartnett isn’t in the same picture anyway; he’s like a kid waking up in the middle of a movie with no idea what’s going on. Johansson was bred for long white gowns and cigarette holders, but her putative Madame Tussauds counterpart could have given this performance. In context, the solidly second-rate Aaron Eckhart looms large.
At 11:54 AM, September 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Thank god El Oso...good save, we are still friends!
Post a Comment
<< Home