Is it just me?

Now, I've always been a fan of men in uniform. In fact, it runs in my family. My aunt has often been seen attacking mall security officers...but I try to distance myself from her after the Christmas 05 incident...
So when I was approached by the London police yesterday, I was happy to listen to what they had to tell me. They gave me a pamphlet on registering my mobile phone to assist them if it were ever stolen. It's free and easy. They also offered to write my post code on my phone in their Magic "INVISIBLE" pen. That way if they found a thief with the phone, they would shine their special light on it and see my postcode and ask the thief if he knew it, which hopefully he wouldn't. So to recap - magic pen. Post code. Thief steals phone. Copper shines light. Thief is busted. So the officer wrote my postcode on my phone, no problem. (I felt like Jennifer Garner in Alias - but mostly because I was wearing a cute gym outfit.) The man in uniform also asked if I would like to register anything else. So I hand him my cute little ipod and he writes my postcode on it, again, with his INVISIBLE pen.
Now - pretend you are a thief and you have just stolen my ipod. How would you ever know what the magic postcode written on it is?

Ok, so I realize this isn't a very clear picture but trust me. The guy might as well have written it is Black permanent ink. It is SO obvious.
So the moral of the story?
I love men in uniform.

8 Comments:
At 4:54 PM, September 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Did the pen have the word ACME written on the side of it?
Did the man look suspiciously like a coyote dressed up in a uniform, which you could have easily mistaken for an overly-testosterone-riddled man in uniform?
I lay no blame here. Could have happened to any one of us.
At 6:52 PM, September 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Would you willingly hand over your electronics to any cute guy who stops you on the street?
At 6:55 PM, September 05, 2006,
Emm said…
Ummmm.....yes.
Any more questions?
At 11:57 PM, September 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Are you going to lend me your IPOD?
At 1:29 AM, September 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Can I touch your cell phone Emm? Uniforms , oh those uniforms...anyone remember a mountie at James' grad or a policeman at Xmas...a policeman with a really big car with a really big flashing light on it...or were those just dreams...
At 3:26 AM, September 06, 2006,
Kelly said…
Of course she would hand over her electronics. Just make sure that you don't give them to that sketchy guy on the corner in Ravenscourt. He is definitely dealing illigit material.
More importantly... was it a community officer or a real bobby. BIG diff.
At 4:15 AM, September 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Ya, was it one of those rent-a-cops? Or an actual real crime buster?? As we know, the "handsomeness" of men in uniform can definitly teeter depending on what "level" they are at... no names mentioned.
-Juju
At 2:30 PM, September 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Excellent work emm...now the thief also knows where you live...GENIUS!
Post a Comment
<< Home