The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dear Irv and Burt. Thank you.

Dear Mr. Irv Robbins and Mr. Burt Baskin,

I just wanted to write you a letter thanking you for your innovative ideas in 1945 and 1946, respectively. When Burt married Irv's sister, and you two became brothers-in-law, I bet you had no idea that you were sitting on a goldmine. (A Gold Medal Ribbon Mine, that is!) After you both served in World War II, you must have had many thoughts going through your head and I am pleased to know that you decided to put your energy into frozen dairy products.

This was a good idea! Ergo, vis-a-vis, Baskin-Robbins was formed!

Speaking of good ideas, I can't believe that as early as 1950 you introduced those tiny pink spoons as taste testers to your customers. What a concept!

Most importantly though, I want to thank you for your 1970 invention of my favourite flavour of ice cream - Pink Bubble Gum.

Growing up, I tried to eat Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream everyday. As a rule of thumb, I feel it is important that as you finish any ice cream treat, you should have the privilege of being able to chew frozen, hard gum-based substances for the next thirty to forty-five seconds until the taste goes stale.

As I am now an adult (debatable), I have discovered that as a company you usually only issue your Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream in the spring and summer and allow your other (presumably) tasty ice cream flavours to take responsibility during the fall and winter. Although this disappoints me, I assume it is a good business idea.

As you can imagine, I often pass Baskin-Robbins vendors in the fall and winter months hoping to see my favorite pink treat waiting for me, but I am usually disappointed! Imagine my surprise when today, March 21, 2007, I walked passed a Central London 31 Flavours establishment and saw my Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was delicious! You two have out-done yourself!

As a final thought, I have attached a picture of me and my daughter, Ava Phillipe-Witherspoon, eating ice cream!



Forever Yours in Frozen Goodness,

The Emm

PS - I hope you didn't assume that I don't support your product from September to March! You'll find that Cookies 'n'Cream can be quite comforting in the winter months!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home