Tate Boring? No, Tate Awesome.
Despite the lack of sleep that we all got this week, Saturday afternoon was still eventful. Jbooks had a radio interview in the morning that all of her loving siblings slept through. Big Daddy and AB Bound got to listen to it in the cab on their way to the airport - they left too soon if you ask me!!!
We then all met up at the Tate Modern for some culture. One of the more exciting displays at the museum was the slide display that I had heard so much about!
Everyone was was really keen to ride the slides (except maybe El Oso, who was then convinced by Bart to do it!). Jbooks waited in line for us to get tickets for an hour while we walked around the museum and tried to pretend to understand things. "Ah yes, a blob of red on a canvas. I see that it represents anger and sadness yet also fertility and the rise and fall of the Mao Zedong Empire all at once. How fascinating."

So we finally all rode the slide and it was so much fun! We went from the top level of the Tate to the bottom - and it was really fast! I screamed the whole way down! Thanks to Darb who waited at the bottom with our coats and took our pictures!

We then all met up at the Tate Modern for some culture. One of the more exciting displays at the museum was the slide display that I had heard so much about!

Everyone was was really keen to ride the slides (except maybe El Oso, who was then convinced by Bart to do it!). Jbooks waited in line for us to get tickets for an hour while we walked around the museum and tried to pretend to understand things. "Ah yes, a blob of red on a canvas. I see that it represents anger and sadness yet also fertility and the rise and fall of the Mao Zedong Empire all at once. How fascinating."

So we finally all rode the slide and it was so much fun! We went from the top level of the Tate to the bottom - and it was really fast! I screamed the whole way down! Thanks to Darb who waited at the bottom with our coats and took our pictures!

Check out all of my pics from the weekend here!

14 Comments:
At 4:12 PM, March 18, 2007,
Emm said…
http://www.guardianbookshop.co.uk/BerteShopWeb/customPage.do?CMSFragment=BestSellers.jsp&title=Bestsellers
At 4:30 PM, March 18, 2007,
Alberta Bound said…
Wow! I didn't think it could get any better but the great things just keep coming.
Alberta Bound again. Rested. BD content and asleep.
A stellar, memorable time with the most important people in the world!
Who could ask for anything more?
Oh, yes, NCAA basketball at 10:00 am and curling at 11:30 am. Forgot.
At 4:33 PM, March 18, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Wow! Crazy! Loved the slide thing!
Oh, and my sister just visited and wanted to get in on the blog. She'll be commenting later I am sure. She's crazy!
At 4:52 PM, March 18, 2007,
Emm said…
AB - What about Canada vs England cricket??? Not interested???
I am pretty sure England is beating Canada 567 million to 2 or something. I dont get it. Plus the game started last week and ends in November.
At 6:27 PM, March 18, 2007,
Alberta Bound said…
I'm waiting for the DVD. It'll keep me coming back down to exercise!
At 12:11 AM, March 19, 2007,
Kelly said…
I want to go on the slide!!! How long is the exhibit?
At 12:43 AM, March 19, 2007,
Anonymous said…
ahhh the slide looks like so much fun and like possibly one of the greatest things ever invented by mankind! I really liked the Tate Modern, and when I went there last year they had this exhibit with big cubes, but you couldn't even jump in them! your family vacation looks like so much fun.
At 3:51 AM, March 19, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Now that all the oohs and aaahs are done, can we get back to some sports? I haven't moved from the tv for four days!
Texas A & M is into the next round!
The Sweet Sixteen! Can I pick 'em or what!
OTBA&M in the NCAA!
At 3:40 AM, March 20, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady's Sister said…
Helloooooooo! Anybody there?
At 3:47 AM, March 20, 2007,
Alberta Bound said…
Oh, no! Now there are two of them!
At 3:49 AM, March 20, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
What's with AB? Jet lag?
At 4:04 AM, March 20, 2007,
Alberta Bound said…
What are they saying in England about the coach of the Pakistan cricket team (10-1)who was found dead in his hotel room after an ignominious loss to Ireland (750-1)?
At 2:07 PM, March 20, 2007,
Darb said…
Had a cab driver today who is from Pakistan. Heart attck is the word but who is kidding who?
At 2:15 PM, March 20, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady's Sister said…
Hi there. Long time reader and first time commenter. I read alot of blogs but when I saw crazy blogger lady's photo I knew that I had found my long lost sister. It took a bad haircut that left me with stickout hair to see the resemblance but there she is. By the way, I would not pay too much attention to her because she really is crazy. I think it was the grade that she skipped.Our mother said so. Great fun you folks have with sliding and all. BTW, who is the tall handsome guy with the beard?
Post a Comment
<< Home