Happy Guy Fawkes!
Remember, remember the (Saturday closest to the) 5th of November....

Hopefully everyone will remember last year's Guy Fawkes Day that Kelly and I went to with crazy small town people dressed in medieval costumes burning crosses (See above. Gulp.)!
Well this year was much more tame. I went to Primrose Hill (the area that Jude Law, Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter and Gwenyeth Paltrow live)
and sat on the hill and watched the fireworks with some mates from school. It was a bit chilly (no where NEAR Alberta cold) but really fun. We could see the skyline of London and all of the fireworks going off around the city. At 10pm the Community Support Officers, the "Your not my real dad" police, closed the park and kicked us all out so we headed to Camden for a night of dancing. There may or may not have been public dance-offs. I may or may not have won.
Today, I am supposed to be spending the day tracking Red Leader on the New York Marathon Athlete Tracker. It will update me every 5km that Red Leader passes. I have yet to receive any updates so the race has either not started, this Athlete Tracker isn't what it's cracked up to be, or Red Leader is down. Will keep you posted. This is only Red Leader's third full marathon so she still has a way to go until she beats me and my Marathon records. Then again, Red Leader's marathons involve running and mine involve DVD Box sets. Perhaps thet are equal, perhaps they are not. P. Diddy ran the marathon a few years ago - I'm hoping Red Leader will see other celebrities. There was a rumour that Jake Gyllenhaal might make an appearance! Regardless, good luck Red Leader!!

Hopefully everyone will remember last year's Guy Fawkes Day that Kelly and I went to with crazy small town people dressed in medieval costumes burning crosses (See above. Gulp.)!
Well this year was much more tame. I went to Primrose Hill (the area that Jude Law, Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter and Gwenyeth Paltrow live)
and sat on the hill and watched the fireworks with some mates from school. It was a bit chilly (no where NEAR Alberta cold) but really fun. We could see the skyline of London and all of the fireworks going off around the city. At 10pm the Community Support Officers, the "Your not my real dad" police, closed the park and kicked us all out so we headed to Camden for a night of dancing. There may or may not have been public dance-offs. I may or may not have won.
Today, I am supposed to be spending the day tracking Red Leader on the New York Marathon Athlete Tracker. It will update me every 5km that Red Leader passes. I have yet to receive any updates so the race has either not started, this Athlete Tracker isn't what it's cracked up to be, or Red Leader is down. Will keep you posted. This is only Red Leader's third full marathon so she still has a way to go until she beats me and my Marathon records. Then again, Red Leader's marathons involve running and mine involve DVD Box sets. Perhaps thet are equal, perhaps they are not. P. Diddy ran the marathon a few years ago - I'm hoping Red Leader will see other celebrities. There was a rumour that Jake Gyllenhaal might make an appearance! Regardless, good luck Red Leader!!

8 Comments:
At 5:24 PM, November 05, 2006,
Kelly said…
Ahhh Guy Fawkes Day! Have you caught up on Lost yet Emm? If not I just discovered a site (www.allfg.org) that has passed episodes of tons of teley show. They are not downloadable, but you can stream them which is cool.
At 5:34 PM, November 05, 2006,
Emm said…
Thanks for the tip Kel! I will talk to you about Lost privately to respect those viewers that haven't seen it yet and are waiting ofr the DVDs. But its gooood!
Oh, just got an email from NY. 5 kms down. How many more to go?
At 6:53 PM, November 05, 2006,
Emm said…
Half-marathon done. This Athlete Tracker is amazing. I'm sorry I ever slagged it!
At 7:10 PM, November 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Go Katie!!!!
At 7:11 PM, November 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Diddy should wear long pants.
At 9:19 PM, November 05, 2006,
Emm said…
Well thanks to my tracker, I now know that Red Leader has finished the marathon. No small feat.
I myself will continue to train for my Prison Break Season One Marathon...
At 4:56 AM, November 06, 2006,
Kelly said…
CONGRATS KATE!!!!!!
At 11:56 AM, November 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tv tip Kel!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home