A Dedication to My British Boyfriend
He is tall, good-looking and very talented at his craft.
He likes movies and sports.
He is funny.
And smart.
He particularly enjoys playing football.
He always makes me laugh.
He is none other than my charming British boyfriend.
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Despite the fact that he shares the same name as the lead singer of Coldplay, Chris has nothing in common with Mr. Paltrow. Chris and I met a few months ago in Norwich at a football match between the home team and Leeds United. I was casually watching the match when we met eyes. It was then that I knew we had a special connection.
Since Chris and I started dating, his accomplishments as a football player have skyrocketed. His first ever game with the team was in January 2007 and since then he has continued to make a mark for himself with the big boys.
Friends of mine have expressed concern with our relationship, describing it as "unhealthy", "stalker-ish" and "The Emm up to her old tricks".
Other "friends" of mine NEVER fail to mention the fact that Chris is only 18 and ALWAYS introduce him as "teenager, Chris Martin". I call these so-called friends "Sky Sports" and "The BBC".

Chris was recently chosen to represent England in the Under 19s for the European Championship and scored the winning goal in last night's match against Turkey. He must have been on such a high after the match as he forgot to call me so I could congratulate him. Don't worry though - I sent him a really cute text message telling him it was ok not to call me and the court has no proof on me etc. so he can forget about pressing any charges.
I am also the proud owner of a Norwich City football jersey with Chris' number on the back that was given to me by JB of Norwich (who?) and am slowly beginning my collection of Martin Memorabilia.
With all of his new found success though, there are rumours that Manchester United are interested in picking Chris up. We haven't really discussed this as a possibility as we know it will cause great distress for both of us. I don't know if I could handle two break-ups in one year.
I'll now end this ode on a positive note with an audio clip of me and a bunch of my friends singing a song we made up about my British boyfriend. We usually sing it after Chris scores. Enjoy!

27 Comments:
At 11:48 AM, March 22, 2007,
Emm said…
Please note that in the second picture Chrissy Martin is the one in the background!
At 11:51 AM, March 22, 2007,
Rick said…
Mazel Tov!
At 2:29 PM, March 22, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Great choice! Age is no barrier! I have many younger beaux! Josh Johnston is my latest! He plays tonight! OTBA&M!
At 2:46 PM, March 22, 2007,
Kelly said…
Wow.
At 4:36 PM, March 22, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
Goodbye everyone.
At 5:39 PM, March 22, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
"How are the social Studies going Chris?"
"I failed. But I've got an Aston Martin and a house in Spain."
"Great."
At 5:51 PM, March 22, 2007,
Kelly said…
hahaha JB!!!!! I was a little concerned myself. But it was TOTALLY an inside joke right Emm???
At 6:22 PM, March 22, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Rick and Red Leader! I want your photos back! Photos! Photos! Photos!
A picture is worth a thousand words!
At 6:26 PM, March 22, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady's Sister said…
Have I mentioned that my sister has an unusually active imagination. Our mother said so. I think it happened when she skipped a grade.
At 6:47 PM, March 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
My vote is for JB!!!
At 7:11 PM, March 22, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Hey! JB of Norwich has a photo! Photos! Photos! Photos!
Red Leader? Rick?
At 7:13 PM, March 22, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Actually, I think I'll have to get my prescription changed. I really can't see it. This picture is not worth a thousand words yet. Wait til I get new glasses.
But still - good on you JB!
At 8:35 PM, March 22, 2007,
Darb said…
Ooooh the Aston Martin factor....hmmmmmmmmmm sorry JB.
At 9:23 PM, March 22, 2007,
Darb said…
Just kidding JB come back...come back.....
At 10:55 PM, March 22, 2007,
Rick said…
I dont have any pix really..my blog has some great bailey footage on though. www.rickjackson.blogspot.com (shameless)
At 11:07 PM, March 22, 2007,
Emm said…
SUPER, SUPER CHRIS
SUPER, SUPER CHRIS
SUPER, SUPER CHRIS
SUPER CHRISSY MARTIN
At 11:07 PM, March 22, 2007,
Emm said…
SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER....
At 11:45 PM, March 22, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
The audacity.
At 11:46 PM, March 22, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
And to think he's 10 years younger than your ex...
At 11:47 PM, March 22, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
I hope he makes it as a pro footballer and doesn't get injured else you'll be putting him through college....
Which as an actor....
At 11:53 PM, March 22, 2007,
Emm said…
13, actually! Smytty is 31! (Doesn't look it, I know!)
But seriously guys. Enough about other men. How do you think my boyfriend would feel if I went on and on and on about another man???
Let's TRY and be sensitive!
(Sorry Chrissy. Don't listen to them...)
At 1:59 AM, March 23, 2007,
Kelly said…
Emma I love you but this is BOLD. Taking the piss I hope. At least JB is seeing your sensitive and oh so tactful sense of humour!!!
We will have to have a good heart to heart when I get to London in 53 sleeps JB - this girl is a piece. I'll try to impart my 5.5 years of wisdom.
PS: Chris is UGLY.
At 2:02 AM, March 23, 2007,
Emm said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Best. Comment. Ever.
"this girl is a piece" - THAT is bold Kellarious!
Also, Chris isn't THAT bad. Come on, he's WAAAAAY better looking than Smytty.
I made the mistake of becoming obsessed with a man with a mullet once - NEVER AGAIN!
PS - Are my parents still paying you to hang out with me even though you live in Onterrible?
At 4:39 PM, March 23, 2007,
Kelly said…
Yeah but the rate went down. Apparently now that you are not my full-time job, I don't make the same wages. I don't think that your parentals factored in the cost of long distance phone calls and trip to London. I need to negociate me a raise.
At 5:19 PM, March 23, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Ya..Im with Kel. Chris is not hot.
At 6:37 PM, March 23, 2007,
Jonathan B said…
In all fairness, Chris is hot.
At 12:19 AM, March 28, 2007,
Emm said…
Funny how all of the Chrissy pictures stopped working on my blog....
Hmmmmm....
Post a Comment
<< Home