My friends are cooler than me.
Less than a year and a half after graduation, two of my Besties from Queen's are on the high road to success while I am still an unemployed, non-starving actress.
Under door number one...

L-Bevs, aka Baby Lawyer, is looking to drop some Baby-phat and become the real deal. She just got accepted to spend her summer at Lawson Lundell, a very reputable business law firm in Vancouver!! Now Bevs, I haven't been to law school but I have watched a lot of Law and Order and I do know that most lawyers have a lot of free time to search Youtube, so if that was a concern of yours...never fear.
Under door number two...

You might remember our next successful scholar from such popular blogs as "Emma and Kelly's Excellent London-town Adventure" and "Footless tights - are they still trendy?". Kellarious just got word that getting your Masters actually DOES pay off. She is now officially the new HIV Information Officer for the Canadian HIV/AIDS Information Centre at the Canadian Public Health Association, or as I like to call her...the HIVIOHIVAIDSICCPHA. Its catchy. Trust me. Sound it out.
Once again, these ladies have out done me and I couldn't be more proud.
I now invite you all to share with me how YOU TOO are in fact cooler than me. Discuss.
Under door number one...

L-Bevs, aka Baby Lawyer, is looking to drop some Baby-phat and become the real deal. She just got accepted to spend her summer at Lawson Lundell, a very reputable business law firm in Vancouver!! Now Bevs, I haven't been to law school but I have watched a lot of Law and Order and I do know that most lawyers have a lot of free time to search Youtube, so if that was a concern of yours...never fear.
Under door number two...

You might remember our next successful scholar from such popular blogs as "Emma and Kelly's Excellent London-town Adventure" and "Footless tights - are they still trendy?". Kellarious just got word that getting your Masters actually DOES pay off. She is now officially the new HIV Information Officer for the Canadian HIV/AIDS Information Centre at the Canadian Public Health Association, or as I like to call her...the HIVIOHIVAIDSICCPHA. Its catchy. Trust me. Sound it out.
Once again, these ladies have out done me and I couldn't be more proud.
I now invite you all to share with me how YOU TOO are in fact cooler than me. Discuss.

11 Comments:
At 6:23 AM, October 18, 2006,
Emm said…
Come on now...don't be shy! I may have missed other breaking news in the past but when Laur and Kell both get amazing news in the same week I knew I had to post it!
So feel free to admit to any of your recent or non-recent great successes here too. Eating 1.5 bowls of popcorn in a night - counts. Figuring out Sat Radio - counts. Ordering the NHL network on your tv - counts.
Or just humour me with good Lawyer jokes. Try and stay away from the Aids jokes though. Too soon.
At 6:35 AM, October 18, 2006,
Emm said…
How is this about me?????
At 6:54 AM, October 18, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
A sincere, non-funny, non-juxtaposed, non-alliterative - "Way to Go Girls!" Wow! Very impressive.
Here's hopes that the Emm will be cool soon too!
At 12:15 PM, October 18, 2006,
Rick said…
Never 2 soon for aids jokes!
At 3:37 PM, October 18, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Then there is Lisa J building houses in Cape Town.
At 4:17 PM, October 18, 2006,
Kelly said…
Man I feel so cool... I was mentioned on "the Emm" blog! Thanks for the shout out.
I have the utmost faith that you will have your big break too Emm. I mean I saw the Central Festival and the Fringe. Please. It is just a matter of time until you are the nine millionth "Other" to appear on the Lost Island or the lustful lady that Fish meets on his big Prison Break.
Ahhhhhh AIDS jokes. You have come a long way Bailey. Way to show restraint!
At 5:26 PM, October 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Well did you hear the coach meltdown series on Sportsdesk when one guy said that his team "SMELLED LIKE POO!!" Well you girls DO NOT smell like poo at all. I smell success here and I am loving it. My success was to get up at 5 (ain't no sunshine) and get to the princess gym so that I could watch the Sportsdesk show for the bathroom humour. My sister thinks I am too silly so please do not reveal this anonymous source.
At 7:52 PM, October 18, 2006,
Kelly said…
Isn't it behind door # [insert number here]? I mean I am not knocking you... just making sure...
At 2:26 AM, October 19, 2006,
Kelly said…
Please don't pretend that you are "above" said jokes Bailey... Ummmm AIDS was the punchline in one of your jokes in the play you did for the Central Festival!!! Don't blame me Farris. This social conscious and sense of tact is something she developed all on her own!
I'm proud Emm!
At 5:03 AM, October 20, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I didn't think anyone was as cool as Emm. I guess it's all perception and bias. It's Emm's fault...
At 8:57 PM, October 23, 2006,
Emm said…
In this month’s Canadian Lawyer magazine ranks all of the law firms in the West....Lawson Lundell, is ranked NUMBER 2
Post a Comment
<< Home