The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm Lovin It.

Today was the BEST GAME DAY EVER.

Game days are always great. Your alarm goes off and you hate life. Then you realize its game day and decide to shower after all. You put on clean clothes cause you wanna feel fresh on game day. You might even brush a comb through your hair. But maybe not. You look into your closet and make the biggest decision you are going to make all day - Home jersey or Third? Today the answer was Third. Game day. Sigh.

So this game day began with Alberta Bound (who drives me to JPs house in the mornings for my car pool) warming up the truck with the Oilers flags on it at approximately 6:55am. I thought we were leaving the house at 7:25am to be at JP's at 7:45am, but apparently on game days you like to be early. Really early. When we pulled into JPs driveway at 7:15am, AB Bound says "Oh!!! I guess you would have had time for breakfast after all!" Great observations again from AB Bound. Man, she's getting good.

Game day calmed down in the morning as we passed the time by "working", reminding ourselves bi-minutely that today, was infact, game day. And then lunch hit.

JP and I, along with my colleagues RS and DOK, hit up McDonalds for the ultimate taste test. Once again, JP facilitated a marvelous Food/Bev Scientific Experiment (not to be outdone by her 2003 experiment entitled: "Coke. American and Canadian. Can You Tell the Difference?"). This one was called: "McDonalds. Does taste geographically differenciate or does age play a role in staling your flavour?" I told her that was too complicated but she insisted we proceed.
 
Please enjoy this photo of JP and I lovin' it.

The test was to see if I still liked McDonalds because I hadn't eaten it since last October in England and it was gross. The consensus? Canadian McDonalds is amazing. Hit me baby one more time. I even had to have a self-appointed time-out at lunch due to the medium Coke I had. I was too hyper to form sentences. It was bad. I'm talkin Christmas '97 bad. To calm me down I ate 8 jub-jus. I think they helped.

When I punched the clock at 5:08pm (I'm not a slacker), I met AB Bound for some dinner at the bar where she almost fisticuffed a waitress who didn't have the baseball game on the tv. We thought we would eat at the Keg and stroll into Rexall place fashionably late (only one hour before the game) but once again, after our meal and scenic route of Edmonton, we arrived at the rink before they had opened the doors. At least we tried!

We were down 4-2 going into the 3rd. The other two periods gave us penalties and heartache. And then, the Gods remembered it was GAME DAY. Ryan Smyth scored, getting his 499th point. Then he scored again, getting his 500th NHL career point. STANDING OVATION. #94 SCores again. 3 goals in 2:01 minutes. The fastest hat trick record in Oilers history since The Great One banked three under three in 1981. 501 points. STANDING OVATION again.

We ended up winning 6-4. The building was electric.

Game day people. Game day. It don't get betta than dis. Posted by Picasa

15 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    I hadn't eaten McDonalds in a year. That's amazing.

    Well, ok, I had it once. In July for some breaky, but I don't think that counts.
    A) Its breakfast and
    B) I ordered an Egg McMuffin and they didn't have any!! Apparently they aren't sold in England. I was shocked. Rick (who I went with) was embarrassed. He says to me with disgust in his voice, "Who DOESNT know the menu at McDonalds???"

    So yeah. A year.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Oh yeah, and this is what the guy who sat beside me at the game said after Ryan scored his hat trick.

    "I think I have a hockey boner."

    So I said, "Me too."

     
  • At 10:38 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    "IM LOVIN IT" but you missed the most important details, what you actually ate!!"

    Im confused tho a little with all the abreviations AB/JP!!

    www.rickjackson.blogspot.com (cheap plug for my blog)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAH! I Can't believe your man got a hat trick. Thats amazing and that was an amazing little sidenote in the comments!! Way to go Bails

     
  • At 3:17 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    As a witness to most of the above, I have to say it was another amazing night at the Rex. The first two periods were that sick feeling where you are saying to yourself, "Oh, no....This is bad......They just aren't good enough...Make it be over without too much more awfulness." Then all of a sudden it was magic, a dream come true, something that happens to others but not to you but no, it really was happening to you and it was wwwwwoooooonnnnnddderful!!

    That's hockey, folks. When you win! Go, Oil!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    I ordered the "Canadian Combo" which we all just learned what that is. Its a cheesburger, medium fries, and a drink.

    Delicious!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    As an aside: There's an ad on tv. Help me out here folks. Is it for McDonalds? I think it must be.

    Anyway, two guys are sitting eating and one asks what it is he is eating and the other one says it's an English Muffin. (So I think it's McDonalds Egg McMuffin)The guy then says why English. And the answer is that that is a muffin in England. And then the first guy says, but what if I want the other kind of muffin. And the other one answers: Don't go to England.

    So, this is a long way of saying: What's with no Egg McMuffin's in England!!!Truth in Advertising!!!

    (If the ad is not for McDonald's then I take it all back, and Emm please remove this comment as I will look foolish)

     
  • At 5:17 PM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Christmas 97 bad!!" I almost peed my pants when I read that. One of my fav. Emm stories... after the folder of fun of course.

    Congrats to Mrs.Smytty.
    How did Pisani play? Heidi and him had a baby girl the day before. Congrats to them too.

    Anyone else hear how they were going to try and get Oil fans to NOT sing the anthem so loud because whats the point of paying someone good to come in when you cant even hear them? Thats brutal. Where's your pride???

    -Juju

     
  • At 5:32 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    The Pisani's actually had a boy Ju Ju. 8 pounds 5 ounces. Named him Tao. Or Teo. Or Theo with a silent H. (Sounds like Tay-Oh)

    AB Bound - I still am confused over the whole muffin thing in the UK. Its true that when I buy English muffins they just say Muffins on the pack. SO how can you tell the diff between breakfast pastries and ...well..the other breakfast pastries. Maybe Rick can help us out.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Well AB Bound talked the entire Canadian anthem to me so loudly becasue she was listening to her non-sat-rad at high volumes and was unaware of what a normal speaking volume should be.

    I like how Paul sang the whole thing. We can sing loud every game and let the Oilers know that mic or no mic we will sing our hearts out and when the playoffs come we will sing mic'd. It will be great.

    I would love to go to a game with Bart and have the complete Darb experience. Does he atleast get a tube steak or some brew at the games?????

     
  • At 9:49 PM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Emm. It is chicken souvlaki and water. Oh My. Maybe we can teach him some hockey traditions and then he can get a hockey boner too????

     
  • At 10:30 PM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No comment.

     
  • At 5:19 AM, October 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm... I knew that... dont even know why I put girl.????
    Im running off of 4 hours of sleep and 4 Pepsi's deep.
    You must excuse me!

    -Juju

     
  • At 2:59 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    I think the answer is simple. The British are uncivilized. I mean Egg McMuffins are a staple. Everyone in the world knows that. Also, I know I already brought it up, but they have an extremely SELCTIVE and POORLY chosen late night menu. I mean as if McDonalds should refuse any order...

    The best part about being back in Canada is hockey. Hands down.

    Ottawa is gone into shoot outs. My boy Vermette just scored. What a hottie. Emery saves Higgins. Please look for updates in my next comment.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Where are my hands?


    They are down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home