The Weekend that was...
Here I go...
On Friday I headed up to Northampton to visit Katie in her production of "Follies". It was so cool to see her in a professional show and she danced her little feet off. Well done Katie!!!
This is a picture of us in the lobby of the theatre in Northampton after the show. The theatre was sooo nice and had just been refurbished. I knew this becasue of every old person there (please see previous postings to view my opinions on seniors). Anyone over the age of 70 had a complaint about the seats or the view or the lack of signage. It was hilarious. Oh, and the old lady in front of me knew the show quite well and chose to sing along with the actors. She didn't know the words but she knew the tune so she would mumble for a while and then sing the chorus at a high volume so everyone in our section could hear her. It was kind of a surround sound. Kind of. Talk about my money's worth!
Afterwards, I got to meet the cast of her show - everyone was lovely. The highlight of the trip was on Saturday morning when we woke up we watched a bit of telly. I know what you are thinking. "TV!? How could the TV possibly be the highlight?" Well. A) You sound annoying to me. Are you sure we are friends? and B) You didn't see what we saw...

It was the Cosby Mysteries starring Bill Cosby and Dante Beze aka Mos Def! This was a 1994 series that OBVIOUSLY didn't do well in the US but has miraculously made its way to the UK in hopes of fooling the British into believing that we Americans (North) once enjoyed this show. We didn't. Actually, I could be wrong. I was like three in 1994. But I don't think we did.
Thanks for the hospitality Katie!! And well done again on the show! You were Fab!
Saturday eve was also the celebration of my flatmate Matt's Birthday. We got all dressed up and made the trek all the way to the Raven, the pub directly across the road from me, less than a 30 second walk. It made for getting home quite easy! As usual, we got our Annual Flatmate Photo and here it is. A little older. A little smarter. And one Canadian down. But our new flatmate Dina (pronounced Dean-ah) fits in well! Kel was definitely missed at the Party but a late might phonecall made up for it!
I finished the weekend off by being treated to a Roast by the flatties. Roast as in "beef" not, "Remember the time Emma did this? She's sooooooo crazy."
Ok, I barely got through this posting alive. Being generally awesome all the time is exhausting. You should try it sometime.
On Friday I headed up to Northampton to visit Katie in her production of "Follies". It was so cool to see her in a professional show and she danced her little feet off. Well done Katie!!!

This is a picture of us in the lobby of the theatre in Northampton after the show. The theatre was sooo nice and had just been refurbished. I knew this becasue of every old person there (please see previous postings to view my opinions on seniors). Anyone over the age of 70 had a complaint about the seats or the view or the lack of signage. It was hilarious. Oh, and the old lady in front of me knew the show quite well and chose to sing along with the actors. She didn't know the words but she knew the tune so she would mumble for a while and then sing the chorus at a high volume so everyone in our section could hear her. It was kind of a surround sound. Kind of. Talk about my money's worth!
Afterwards, I got to meet the cast of her show - everyone was lovely. The highlight of the trip was on Saturday morning when we woke up we watched a bit of telly. I know what you are thinking. "TV!? How could the TV possibly be the highlight?" Well. A) You sound annoying to me. Are you sure we are friends? and B) You didn't see what we saw...

It was the Cosby Mysteries starring Bill Cosby and Dante Beze aka Mos Def! This was a 1994 series that OBVIOUSLY didn't do well in the US but has miraculously made its way to the UK in hopes of fooling the British into believing that we Americans (North) once enjoyed this show. We didn't. Actually, I could be wrong. I was like three in 1994. But I don't think we did.Thanks for the hospitality Katie!! And well done again on the show! You were Fab!
Saturday eve was also the celebration of my flatmate Matt's Birthday. We got all dressed up and made the trek all the way to the Raven, the pub directly across the road from me, less than a 30 second walk. It made for getting home quite easy! As usual, we got our Annual Flatmate Photo and here it is. A little older. A little smarter. And one Canadian down. But our new flatmate Dina (pronounced Dean-ah) fits in well! Kel was definitely missed at the Party but a late might phonecall made up for it!

I finished the weekend off by being treated to a Roast by the flatties. Roast as in "beef" not, "Remember the time Emma did this? She's sooooooo crazy."
Ok, I barely got through this posting alive. Being generally awesome all the time is exhausting. You should try it sometime.

6 Comments:
At 12:16 AM, November 14, 2006,
Rick said…
you never told me you had a roast?
At 12:29 AM, November 14, 2006,
Emm said…
With an apple dessert!!!
Darb - your awesomeness would explain the 9pm bedtime. Now I get it. And Bart may or may not be the biggest Toronto Maple Leaf fan I know.
At 2:15 AM, November 14, 2006,
Simon said…
Ebai!
I'm in your hood. The peeps here sure like them Oilers.
Also read your earlier post about dancing. I miss the dancing.
At 2:43 AM, November 14, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
The photo of you and Katie is great
At 4:57 PM, November 14, 2006,
Emm said…
Darb - we mean becasue he's so tall right?
Simon - whats up, Doc? Im so jealous you are surrounded by my Oilers. Oh yeah, I also miss my family and friends...blah blah blah
Farris - done and done. Check your email.
ABB - thanxs!
At 1:20 AM, November 16, 2006,
Kelly said…
Nice pic. Not going to lie... I'm a little jealous. I'll get over it circa 5 months from now. At least I got the late night call!
Post a Comment
<< Home