Did Santa move??
Perhaps I was neglected as a child.
Perhaps I was a little slow as a child.
Perhaps I was tortured by my older siblings causing severe memory loss.
Perhaps all of the above are true. But that still doesn't answer my question:
WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF LAPLAND BEFORE???
This is Lapland. It is located in Finnland, just 500 miles north of Helsinki, and it is apparently also where Santa lives. For a nice fee you can fly your family to visit Santa before Christmas. The above picture is his village. You can also visit Santa's Post office.
This is where Santa receives over 500,000 letters a year.
Hopefully this is a British thing and that I wasn't lied to my whole life that Santa lives in the North Pole. Children of Britain are flocking to Lapland by the masses and I am feeling a little jealous.
Does Santa know I am going home for Christmas???
Did my letters to the North Pole ever reach him???
Did Mrs. C join him or are they on a break???
And most importantly, how badly do I want to go to Lapland????
Perhaps I was a little slow as a child.
Perhaps I was tortured by my older siblings causing severe memory loss.
Perhaps all of the above are true. But that still doesn't answer my question:
WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF LAPLAND BEFORE???
This is Lapland. It is located in Finnland, just 500 miles north of Helsinki, and it is apparently also where Santa lives. For a nice fee you can fly your family to visit Santa before Christmas. The above picture is his village. You can also visit Santa's Post office.
This is where Santa receives over 500,000 letters a year.
Hopefully this is a British thing and that I wasn't lied to my whole life that Santa lives in the North Pole. Children of Britain are flocking to Lapland by the masses and I am feeling a little jealous.
Does Santa know I am going home for Christmas???
Did my letters to the North Pole ever reach him???
Did Mrs. C join him or are they on a break???
And most importantly, how badly do I want to go to Lapland????

12 Comments:
At 3:47 PM, December 06, 2006,
Broderick said…
You know the amazing thing? The first trip out to Lapland to deliver letters to Santa in person was cancelled. Ah, Cardiff International Airport, better than the Grinch.
As far as I'm concerned, Santa still lives in good old H0H 0H0... I multimapped the postcode, but nothing came up.
At 5:13 PM, December 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Lapland sounds like a place where you would go to get lapdances. Like going to the "Family Restaurant" Hooters.
At 5:24 PM, December 06, 2006,
Emm said…
Did I mention how cute little British kids are running around saying "Where is Fath-ah Christmas?"
I was like, "Who?"
At 5:32 PM, December 06, 2006,
Emm said…
Oh, I also was asking British Rick everything about Lapland and Santa and he didn't know much. I was getting frustrated and finally he says, "I'm Jewish."
Me: "So?"
Him: "So I don't believe in Santa."
Me: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh....."
I had no idea. I get the whole pork thing, but Santa????? WTF!
At 5:49 PM, December 06, 2006,
Emm said…
HAHAHAHAH - Thanks AB! If it makes you feel any better, I KNEW that Rick didn't celebrate Christmas. I just FORGOT.
Also, I don't consider Santa to be part of Christmas. More like a best friend. Like my dead dog and the tv. All three have taught me so much! I'm gonna recommend they start airing some Jewish info shows though, so I don't make the same mistake again!
At 7:18 PM, December 06, 2006,
El Oso said…
I'm surprised Daisy didn't teach you about Lapland. Seems kind of neglectful to me.
At 8:09 PM, December 06, 2006,
Kelly said…
I'm with Brodes and AB Bound: everyone knows that Santa lives in the North Pole. I mean where else would the letters that I have sent every year for 24 years go? As if some postal work would make up a fake postal code (H0H 0H0)... please... what are you going to tell me next? Jewish people don't believe in Santa.
The Brits can have Disneland. Here in Canada we keep it real. Er.
At 8:39 PM, December 06, 2006,
Rick said…
SANTA is an anogram of SATAN.
Yes this is rick aka British Jew
At 12:05 AM, December 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
AB here. Is this a contest, with prizes? You know the rest.....
At 12:13 AM, December 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
i'm with El oso here. Best comment ever. (althought the red bull one was pretty good as well)
SIde note: mad props to Lisa B as well for her creativity on the last contest!
At 12:28 AM, December 07, 2006,
Emm said…
D and B - have you had your eyes checked recently? Amy Winehouse was the answer, and no, you did not win. But you are very special in many otehr ways.
Dudes. I seriously cannot wait for Santa to come!!! Like, oh my goodness!!!!
At 1:51 AM, December 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
AB here. I am still trying to adjust to Red Leader's comment but EO's was quite pointed.
Post a Comment
<< Home