The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Number 11



It is January 11th - a day with great significance for The Emm. Today, I spoke to Jbooks for the first time in ... you guessed it...11 days. This must be a record. Actually, I think the last time I went that long without harassing her with my phone calls was in 1998. (I figured it out. It was a slow day.) I was getting so desperate I started talking to myself in echo-y rooms just so I could remember what her voice sounded like. So in honour of the end of an 11 day era, I researched the number 11 and this is what I have found:



Apparently the number 11 possesses the qualities of intuition, patience, honesty, sensitivity, and spirituality, and is idealistic. I can assure you I was neither patient nor sensitive during my Jbooks withdrawal. I don't know what those others words mean but I probably wasn't them neither.

They say that noticing the number 11 in everyday circumstances is a sign that you are gifted with wisdom and extraordinary perception of things physic and/or spiritual. (i.e looking at a clock when it says 11:11 or 1:11 etc. without planning it). I used to have extraordinary perception, but I've had a few alco-pops tonight and the screen is getting blurry.

World War I ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Because of that, we celebrate Remembrance Day in mid-November.

The television shows Cheers and MASH both ran for 11 seasons with 11 main characters. I have no comment. Both great shows. I think that before you die you should go to a pub where everyone knows your name and to war to dress up like a woman.

There are like a million references to the number 11 in the Bible. But I'm pretty sure it also mentions the number 2, 5, and 12. In fact, it probably mentions ever other number a million times. Its a big book. Lots of pages - not so many pictures. I haven't read it myself. I'm waiting for the movie.

The record number of Oscar awards for any one movie is 11. This was achieved by both "Ben-Hur" and "Titanic". I've never seen "Ben-Hur" but I highly doubt it deserved 11 Oscars. Titanic had Leo. And "My Heart will go on". Nuf' said.

My Life-Path Number is 11. You too can determine you Life-Path Number. Here is an example:

Let us say that you were born on March 29, 1968.
March is the third month--3
the day 29, 2+9 totals 11
the year 1+9+6+8 totals 24 which reduces [2+4] to 6
Now add 3 with 11 [11 being a Master Number does not reduce]=14 +6=20
Drop the zero, and you have 2 as your Life-Path Number.


A Number Eleven person (aka ME!) soon gives evidence that he or she is destined to achieve some mystical or humanitarian goal. People on this vibration are generally on a higher spiritual plane than most of their fellows. Number 11 individuals seek out others who are visionaries, dreamers, psychic-sensitives, and idealists. Together with other visionaries, the Number 11 strives to reveal something new and uplifting to the world. So, if you are a visionary give me a call. We'll do lunch.

So there you have it - a reflection on the number 11. Now, knowing all of this, some people may hate the number 11. Personally, I think it is a prime number.

11 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When in all those years of post-secondary education did they find time to teach you about prime number? I thought all you did was "trust" exercises, and yoga and prancing around and smoking cigarettes wearing black turtlenecks?

    I once rented Ben-Hur. This was back when we still watched video cassettes, and it was a two-cassetter, cause it was so long. I put in the first tape and the movie opened immediately with the famous chariot scene. (Cool!) There were no opening titles, which I chalked up to it being an old movie. Then for the next two hours I had no idea what was going on -- there was absolutely no exposition -- but I thought: "Hey, that's cool. I like these abstract European sort of movies that don't really make any sense but make me feel deep." Every once in a while Jesus would appear, which was also cool. And then just as I start thinking that it will soon be time to switch tapes, the words "The End" appear on the screen and the final credits roll. Mother$%%!!! I had mistakenly started with the second cassette!! After that, I wasn't about to invest four hours to watch the whole thing from the beginning. So I still haven't seen it.

    Oh, and you and Jbooks don't sound alike at all. So the fact that you were speaking aloud in an echo-y room is ridiculous!

    Oh, and no more cola for you tonight.

    Oh, and one more thing: "BOOOOO!!!!!! I want my money back!!"

     
  • At 12:29 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    El Oso - were you saying "Boooo" or "Moooose"? I couldn't tell the difference. Jbooks often has trouble with that one too.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Strange memory. I was at an Oiler game once with Mom. Back in the day when Mess was playing with the Oilers. There was a face-off. Mom nudged me and said, who do you think is gonna win this draw? Messier was taking the face off for us (#11) and the time on the clock was 11:11. I said, "Yeah, but look who he's up against." (The opposing centreman was also wearing #11).

     
  • At 7:00 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger k.heis said…

    Personally, I don't know what a prime number is. But I do know that Tom Brady wears number 12, and that Tom Brady is always one step ahead. Think about it.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Ummmm... it has to be said: 7-11???

     
  • At 7:34 PM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    SEPT-ONZE!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:38 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Rick said…

    Be Right Back

     
  • At 8:20 PM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think cheers is possibly the best show ever on tv. i mean sam, woody, coach, norm, cliff, and frasier... what's not to love? i hear there is a pub that is exactly like the cheers set in london.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emm, I think this whole life-path number stuff is bogus. And I have proof. My number is 6. According to life-path #6, I am the ultimate nurturer and a beacon for truth and domesticity. It then says, "Your maternal instincts exceed all others by a considerable margin." Do you need more proof that this is crap?

     
  • At 9:36 PM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    not that kids aren't great....as long as their not mine.....

     
  • At 9:40 PM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it also says "modesty and humility may not flow easy"....what the hell does that mean? I am way more modest than anyone I know...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home