A Story My Mother Would Be Proud Of...

Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. The Emm!
Thank you, Mom, for everything you given me in my 23.9 years of life and for being such a wonderful mom.
*Cough*
By the way, my birthday is May 30th, in case you forgot, Mom.
But in all seriousness, you are the best mom in the whole world and if anyone says otherwise I will fight them. I wouldn't be here without you, Mom. And by "here", I mean sitting with my laptop in the waiting room of my therapists.
Now. For the story that will make you, Mom, proud. The story that will make you, Mom, say, "My daughter The Emm is so wonderful and perfect. I am so glad that now that she is an adult she is mature and responsible and a wonderful person."
Ahem. Here I go.
Warwick University. One of the leading universities in the UK. The University is located in Coventry and is home to the second largest Arts Centre in the UK. The campus is beautiful and the people are nice. It is a great little place to visit on a Sunday afternoon. They also have some lovely cafe's where you can grab a hot tea and a biscuit - something that is especially nice on a day like today (it is cold and raining).
But The Emm wouldn't know this. Any of it.
You see, The Emm was supposed to be going to see JB of Norwich in a play at Warwick University this afternoon. The train left at 9:15am and she was supposed to meet JBofN at 8am at the tube station. At 8:50am, The Emm woke up and realized she had several missed calls, a text message, and the sick realization that she didn't set her alarm last night.
So yes, Mom - I missed the train. And yes, Mom - I didn't go to Warwick. And yes, Mom - I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Happy Mother's Day.
I love you.

4 Comments:
At 2:10 PM, May 13, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Sigh. My cup runneth over. Love you.
At 3:51 PM, May 13, 2007,
Anonymous said…
A perfect child! Sorry for you and particularly J of N. However, soon you will learn to mimic your mom and your auntie and get up at 4 am for the 8 am train the Emm. You do have some ways to go.
At 3:58 PM, May 13, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Well you can be perfect in EVERY way Emm! But your pretty close!
I miss my Mama too. But I got a very lovely Mother's Day gift in a Holt Renfrew bag from Hugo so that cheered me up! Hey.... dogs are children too.. which makes me fully entitled to receive Mother's Day gifts.
-Juju
At 4:21 PM, May 13, 2007,
Emm said…
D and B - I DID wake up at 6:45am and looked at my clock in a panic. "Phew!", I said. "I've still got an hour of sleep." Lucky me, I got more than an hour!
JUJU - hahaha. Hugo is a VERY giving "child"! I wish I had a dog that bought me handbags!!!! Happy Mother's Day to you, then!
Post a Comment
<< Home