The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Doan-ate Your Time. Save Shane.



For those of you who don't know, some members of the Canadian Government have been after Hockey Canada for appointing an "anti-French" captain for Team Canada, this being, of course, Shane Doan.

In a brief, brief summary - in December 2005, there was a confusion after Doan's team lost that Doan had said "Effing Frenchman!" to an NHL referee. (Except not effing.) This was false as Doan does not swear. This is a fact.

So the NHL dropped its charges and now for some stupid reason the government decided to get involved. Political opinions aside, hockey is religion AND the state in Canada. Don't mess with us.

The good news is, I heard that if any actions had been taken against Doan, Team Canada would quit. Good for them!!!!

So now I have two words.

The church.

Feel free to translate that into any other language.

Now is your chance to save Doan. Sign this petition!!!

http://www.savedoan.ca

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, May 05, 2007, Blogger Alberta Bound said…

    I need to interfere here and make a HUGE correction. The Emm is very well intended and I agree with her sentiments. Maybe moreso.

    However, it was not the Government that raised all this idiocy. It was the Opposition parties. Specifically, the leaders of the Liberals, the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois, the separatist party, the one that wants to take Quebec out of Canada. Which begs the question, why should they care about Team Canada?

    So, it was some stupid politicians, looking to make some points with French speaking Canadians. It backfired.

    Thanks for listening.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, May 05, 2007, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    I have two words too -

    &%$#*&$ politicians!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home