The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Happy Drafting

7 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    Thanks to El Oso for grabbin this for me!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger k.heis said…

    not even will ferrell in short-shorts running like his pants are on fire can distract my attention from brady quinn this weekend...

     
  • At 9:32 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger Alberta Bound said…

    Oh, Kelly - I bet it is KellyH, right!

    I have been fascinated by the Brady Quinn story. All-American, touted to go first or third, then has to sit there as he falls to 22nd. And even then, only a deal by Cleveland got him the 22nd pick.

    Apparently he lost $33 million yesterday!

    But the story was having to watch him as he wasn't picked and wasn't picked! I heard him interviewed during the ordeal and he handled it very, very well. He said he was most concerned about his family who were upset. I like him even better now.

    I also like the NFL commissioner who had invited him as one of five players to be on camera and watched as the picks were made. He eventually told Quinn to go sit in another room to relieve the situation. Nice move.

    For those totally out of it - this all happened in the NFL draft yesterday. Exciting and interesting for some.

    Anyway - I hope he plays really really well and shows everyone what a mistake they made.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger Alberta Bound said…

    PS - I have added Quinn to my Stepford Quarterbacks list. We should talk about that one day, Kelly.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, April 30, 2007, Blogger k.heis said…

    AB - how did you guess?? Yes it's KH, unfortunately I forgot my blogger password so I am having to temporarily use my gmail account to comment. But more importantly - aside from Brady and the Quinn clan you were the only other person on my mind as I anxiously sat through picks 2-9. After Miami passed on Brady my emotions shifted to pure heart wrenching distress, yet somehow I found solace in the thought of you glued to nfl.com's draft tracker going through the same (e)motions as I. Finally Dallas' turn came around and I briefly convinced myself that with the poor playoff performance of Tony Romo and Drew Bledsoe's retirement that it might be possible for our dear Brady to find a new home in the Lone Star state and put an end to his reign as the Lone Star of Commissioner Goodell's green room. Boy, was I WRONG, but thankfully Brayden Tyler Quinn did find a new home, and in his native Ohio none the less! And at the end of the day, what is a couple of millions of dollars lost in salary, in comparison to earning a place in the elite AB Stepford Quarterback Society. Pending on Ms. Bridget Moynahan's paternity test results, the ABSQS just may have an opening for a new #1 Brady. (Tom if you're reading this, the Emm made me type that. I would never replace you and you know that.)

     
  • At 12:49 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    K. Heis! You are TOO hilarious!!!

    Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Alberta Bound said…

    As a follow-up to the Brady #2 story. Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas instead of Quinn at 3rd pick. Some say he is the best player in the draft. He is a left tackle, the second most important player on a team - the one that protects the quarterback.

    So, now Brady is on his home team, with the best prospect to protect him down the road.

    This may have all worked out for the best.

    BTW: I, too, would find it very difficult to take Tom Brady off my #1 position.

    Oh, and apologies to all you non-NFL people. Kelly and I will talk amongst ourselves after this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home