The Emm on Eminem and M and Ms
And now, redeeming my cool.
As everyone knows, The Emm is a trend setter when it comes to cool. She was the first to wear extra large white army sorels around her University campus, the first to blast the Hansen remix song out her truck windows, and the first to put BBQ sauce on her salads. Now, some of these trends never caught on, but you get the idea that when it comes to cool - The Emm is there.
Which brings me to Eminem.
The Emm saw Eminem with Jen in Glasgow in 2003. Floor seats. We stood for 8 hours straight but it was worth it. Marshall Mathers and I had a moment. Same with Cypress Hill, Obie Trice and Xzibit. This makes The Emm cool. Super cool. Elite cool, even. So cool she doesn't even need to tell anyone how cool she really is. (I am cool.)
And now, why the heck is she talking about Eminem?
Mostly because he rhymes with M and M. Not so much "rhymes" as has the same name actually. I was reminded of my special connection with M and Ms the other night when I was out with KH.
When we took our New York 2004 trip together we encountered M and Ms who had lost their colour and were in search of it. (It reminded me of Big Bird in the Seasame Street Movie when he went blue. It was sooooo sad. Children shouldn't have to see such pain so early in their lives. But I guess when your parents decide that television is a good babysitter you get to see a lot of things you shouldn't, like Disney's "Watcher in the Woods" that still gives me nightmares. PG, mom! Where was the G from my P!!!!) These M and Ms were black and white and were found at a lone Duane Read (pharmacy) by Ground Zero. We bought a pack each and LOVED eating black and White M and Ms. They actually tasted a bit funny but so would you if you lost your colour. After we finished our packs we decided to go to every Duane Read we passed to get more Black and White M and Ms and bring them back from America to show all of our friends. But they were no where to be seen. It's like they didn't exist and KH and I were so lucky to have found them.
Cut to 2006 and my friend KH who likes to keep things.
We went to the movies and had some pink M and Ms. I swear they were more delicious than regular M and Ms. We opened them up in the dark and had to save a few for after the movie to make sure that they were in fact only pink M and Ms. KH had kept the M and M package from 2004 and was able to get a great shot of our special M and Ms.

Yesterday I also discovered from a source that you can get Edmonton Oilers M and Ms in Vancouver. I am in search of these as we speak. If any one knows more details about this please feel free to share. We must get to the bottom of this.
So. To recap. I'm incredible. Outrageous. Turn money like encyclopedia pages.
Any questions?
As everyone knows, The Emm is a trend setter when it comes to cool. She was the first to wear extra large white army sorels around her University campus, the first to blast the Hansen remix song out her truck windows, and the first to put BBQ sauce on her salads. Now, some of these trends never caught on, but you get the idea that when it comes to cool - The Emm is there.
Which brings me to Eminem.
The Emm saw Eminem with Jen in Glasgow in 2003. Floor seats. We stood for 8 hours straight but it was worth it. Marshall Mathers and I had a moment. Same with Cypress Hill, Obie Trice and Xzibit. This makes The Emm cool. Super cool. Elite cool, even. So cool she doesn't even need to tell anyone how cool she really is. (I am cool.) And now, why the heck is she talking about Eminem?
Mostly because he rhymes with M and M. Not so much "rhymes" as has the same name actually. I was reminded of my special connection with M and Ms the other night when I was out with KH.
When we took our New York 2004 trip together we encountered M and Ms who had lost their colour and were in search of it. (It reminded me of Big Bird in the Seasame Street Movie when he went blue. It was sooooo sad. Children shouldn't have to see such pain so early in their lives. But I guess when your parents decide that television is a good babysitter you get to see a lot of things you shouldn't, like Disney's "Watcher in the Woods" that still gives me nightmares. PG, mom! Where was the G from my P!!!!) These M and Ms were black and white and were found at a lone Duane Read (pharmacy) by Ground Zero. We bought a pack each and LOVED eating black and White M and Ms. They actually tasted a bit funny but so would you if you lost your colour. After we finished our packs we decided to go to every Duane Read we passed to get more Black and White M and Ms and bring them back from America to show all of our friends. But they were no where to be seen. It's like they didn't exist and KH and I were so lucky to have found them.
Cut to 2006 and my friend KH who likes to keep things.
We went to the movies and had some pink M and Ms. I swear they were more delicious than regular M and Ms. We opened them up in the dark and had to save a few for after the movie to make sure that they were in fact only pink M and Ms. KH had kept the M and M package from 2004 and was able to get a great shot of our special M and Ms.

Yesterday I also discovered from a source that you can get Edmonton Oilers M and Ms in Vancouver. I am in search of these as we speak. If any one knows more details about this please feel free to share. We must get to the bottom of this.
So. To recap. I'm incredible. Outrageous. Turn money like encyclopedia pages.
Any questions?

14 Comments:
At 5:18 PM, October 19, 2006,
Emm said…
Ahh yes D and B. You've seen 8 mile therefore you are cool too. But have you seen a popular film SINCE 2002???
Syriana doesn't count.
At 5:25 PM, October 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Watcher in the woods!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!
BIG BIRD IN THE JAZZ CLUB!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
NIGHTMARE CITY STILL = BAD MOTHER.
At 5:30 PM, October 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Ok so I take back the bad mother thing, but seriously, how the heck do those "children's" movies even exist? I'm still upset. Red Leader, I know you hear me...
At 5:55 PM, October 19, 2006,
Emm said…
Speaking of cool, this is an email KH sends me yesterday...
after the game the phone rang at work:
"good evening thank you for calling delux burger bar, kelly speaking"
"hi kelly, this is ryan smyth. could i order some takeout?"
At 6:18 PM, October 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Emm - most actresses have to be waitresses before they make it to the bigs. Maybe you need a job at the burger bar. You know, a job, to earn some money, to eat and stuff.
At 6:21 PM, October 19, 2006,
El Oso said…
Yer funny Em.
At 6:21 PM, October 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Oh, yea and you'd be way cool too. Everyone who works at the Deluxe Burger Bar is cool. Then you could be like your friends.
At 8:29 PM, October 19, 2006,
Emm said…
Stress levels at work are getting to me. Desperately need some Oilers M and Ms. Preferably peanut.
Or maybe just M and Ms.
Or maybe just Oilers.
They put me on phone duty. What were they thinking???
At 5:09 AM, October 20, 2006,
Anonymous said…
okay, let's get serious: $11.50 to take the ferry to Vancouver, $2 for the bus downtown, $4.77 for a soy tazo chai from Starbucks....Oiler M & Ms? Priceless. I just need to know where to go to get them. Sev? Macs? Or does it need to be a sports store? A hockey store? U get me the details, I will get the candy.
At 3:54 PM, October 20, 2006,
Emm said…
I'm on it like a fat kid on a candy bar, or me on a candy bar. Or Edmonton Oilers M and Ms for that matter.
At 6:39 PM, October 20, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Your reference to Follow that Bird is out of this world. I have been talking to people about that film for weeks. I thought I was the only person who has seen and loved it.
Big Bird was blue! The DoDos! Dave Thomas!
At 7:54 PM, October 20, 2006,
Emm said…
L-Bevs. This movie scarred and scared me for life.
Get this - last year I ordered it off of a obscure movie database and now own it on DVD. We also thought we were the only ones in the world who had seen it. Wasn't it sooo sad????
At 1:41 AM, October 21, 2006,
Kelly said…
I'm confused.
At 8:25 PM, October 24, 2006,
Anonymous said…
When I was in Las Vegas, I dragged Tony to the M&M World store, one word: amazing! Besides Tony, who wouldn't want to be surrounded by three levels of M&M's? The whole purpose of this store was to design your own M&M's (they have every colour on the colour wheel and more!). So, instead of going to Vancouver to get your Oilers M&M's, you can just design your own on their website, http://www.mymms.com/celebrations/team.asp
Post a Comment
<< Home