The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

This post is by no means meant to be funny.

I just discovered what the difference between porridge and oatmeal is.




After my oatmeal this morning, I asked myself the question, "What is the difference between Oatmeal and Porridge?" And by "myself" I meant "Wikipedia" - the smartest man in the world.


Here is what I discovered:
Porridge is boiled oats. Oatmeal is processed oats.

But to be honest this still doen't really help. Especially since oatmeal is also called "Oatmeal Porridge". So yeah, that is very confusing still. It is just the way you prepare it? I usually just put some boiling water into a bowl of whatever the heck it is I buy.

The world is so complex these days...

Go Mets!

12 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    I'm so tired.

    I can't believe I just blogged about Oatmeal! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    THAT'S HILARIOUS!!

     
  • At 10:35 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger El Oso said…

    You know, I've always wondered the same thing. I just assumed it was like a U.S./Canada cultural thing. Just to bug people here, I call oatmeal "porridge" anyway.

    Gotta love the packaged stuff with brown sugar and maple. Not exactly South Beach friendly, but whatever.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Believe it or not boys, this morning I had the Maple and Brown Sugar one. I also like plain though. Plain is good.

    Which reminds me of a conversation I had with JP when we were eating our McDonalds...

    The Emm: This is good. I mean, really good.
    JP: Yeah Em, but is it good?
    The Emm: I think it's good. Do you think its good?
    JP: Oh, its good.
    The Emm: Good.

    Verbatim.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Darb said…

    Porridge stories OK here goes. First of all porridge is a scottish thing kind of like kilts. Oatmeal is a yuppy cholesterol american thing sort of like lipitor. Also. your grandfather ate porridge every morning. He said that was why he could flood the rink in the backyard without gloves on. I suspect there may have been other things that helped as well. No matter, when nanny married him, she had not been taught by her mother (my nanny as in Elsie as in Are you there Nell) how to cook anything. So when she got up that first morning to cook the porridge for breakfast she read the box and cooked the whole thing. And you wonder why your mom has little time for cooking? Those are my porridge stories. Go Mets.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Darb said…

    Emm you and I are soooo cool together. When I started my last comment there were only 4 comments and when I finished there were 6. We posted at the same time. Maybe I can be you some day.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    SSS - One day...when you grow up...maybe...

     
  • At 11:35 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger El Oso said…

    That was a funny story Barb.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, October 20, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    i dont get why your blog is so popular when you are bloging about oatmeal..
    my blog contains FACTS, ANECDOTES, and LYMRICS, and loads of spelling mistakes....

    Yet you have more hits than me!
    why...this world is 2much for me!
    R.
    www.rickjackson.blogspot.com (PLUG)

     
  • At 1:52 AM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get over it Rick. Get yourself a new family. Preferably one that has alot of crazies.

     
  • At 5:08 AM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emm, where does Cream of Wheat fall into this???

     
  • At 11:33 AM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ricky...The Emm speaks to the people! I also don't know the difference between oatmeal and porridge AND i didn't know poor Nanny made the whole box. What the heck happened down the line? I thought old ladies (aka Nanny's mom) ALL knew how to cook and forced their daughters to learn. Is it genetic? Are we doomed???

     
  • At 12:28 PM, October 20, 2006, Blogger Darb said…

    Jbooks, the historian, is insisting on the facts baby. Auntie Ruth was in the other day and altough she may be blind and old she said "your mother never lifted a finger" "she was the original princess" Hard facts jbooks, your nanny was a princess. NOW DO YOU SEE HOW THE GENES FALL!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home