101 Things to Do Before you Leave London

I recently bought TimeOut magazine (a weekly mag that tells you what's happening in the city) as the cover story was...you guessed it...101 Things to Do Before You Leave London.
Some of them I have already done:
12. Speed along the Thames (Took a boat with AL and AB Bound to Greenwich)
15. Be a groundling at the Globe (Sat through, what felt like a 7 act Shakespearean play in the direct sun, only to find out post-heat stroke that we lasted 20 minutes.)
48. Witness the drama of a big case at the Old Bailey (Watched a murder trial with Baby lawyer, Kellarious, and Teens. Those three sat together while I had to sit all by myself - the only one with the view of the witness. I didn't deal well with that one.)
Some of them I have ZERO interest in doing:
30. Shop for Tobacco (I don't smoke.)
78. Find peace in Battersea Park (That sounds boring.)
86. Get into an argument at Speaker's Corner (See above. Unless it's about the Edmonton Oilers or Britney Spears I have trouble articulating how much I really don't care.)
Some of them I have put on my TO DO list:
2. Dine out at the Dogs (They do it in the movies. It looks cool.)
20. Play golf in the Streets (In May there is a game where you pay golf in the streets with a leather ball. 18 holes! How much fun!?!)
32. Watch a match at Lord's (I gotta find me some cricket buddies. Please see previous post on cricket to understand why.)
98. Get fitted for a Rigby & Peller bra (This is the company that makes bras for the Queen!)
Some of them were new to me, but I am willing to try:
8. Play London skittles (This is a game like bowling except you try and knock down the pins with a 10lb block of cheese. Rumour has it is is becoming extinct. I wonder why?? Hopefully I will get a game in before it ends up in a museum or as a Stephen Spielberg blockbuster.)
21. Munch on whelks (Apparently some seafoody thing.)
As a side note, #101 on the list was Chomp on London's Finest Steak. Now, I consider myself to be a beef connoisseur. I'm from Alberta where we have the best beef in the world. So good in fact that The Emm's mother will cook you a steak any time and any day of the week. The Bailey kids were NOTORIOUS for having cut up cold steak in their lunches. If I had a nickel for every time kids said to me, "Why is your lunch bleeding?", I'd be rich. But I'm not rich. I'm simply a meatitarian. Jbooks, we will have to test out this steak house to see if it meets our standards.

So. If you have made it all the way down to the end of this posting, this is where I will be announcing The Emm's second official contest! CAN YOU GUESS HOW MANY OF THE 101 ITEMS THE EMM HAS COMPLETED AS OF TODAY, NOVEMBER 18TH, 2006? All I need is a number from you. You get one guess. The first person to land the correct number will be sent a prize! So start guessing!

16 Comments:
At 5:28 PM, November 18, 2006,
Rick said…
19
At 7:03 PM, November 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
12
At 8:03 PM, November 18, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Oh, goody. I love contests. And with prizes too.
I say 46.
At 8:04 PM, November 18, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Oh, and will there be a special judge or something? I want to make sure you have actually done the things you say you did. You might not actually remember correctly.
At 8:06 PM, November 18, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
And another thing BD and I have dined out at the dogs.
At 8:33 PM, November 18, 2006,
Emm said…
AB - Did you go to Walthamstow Stadium?
As for proof of completion of said tasks, I bite my thumb at you. I will also be able to tell you when and where I completed each task. Good enough?
At 10:06 PM, November 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I think that I have done 88 of them SO Emm I think that you have done 44 of them...sort of half. Bart picks 7 because it came to mind (shrinks are nororious believers in things that come to mind) and because he said that he thinks that you have not done alot of things...not in a mean way... just sort of philisophical you know?
At 10:47 PM, November 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I'm gonna go with good old #94?
-Juju
At 10:53 PM, November 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Does some mother not trust some daughter?
At 12:10 AM, November 19, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
I, of course, can't remember if we went to Walthamstow. Is that where they have the dogs? We went somewhere in south London I think.
No proof needed, just a reassurance that you actually do remember.
I like juju's pick.
At 12:11 AM, November 19, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Oh, and what if you have done 45. Darbara said 44 and I said 46. Who wins? There are prizes aren't there? I know a blog that gives prizes.
At 1:19 AM, November 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
42 Emm. 42.
At 8:18 AM, November 19, 2006,
Anonymous said…
9
At 10:01 AM, November 19, 2006,
Kelly said…
Did some research. I am thinking 26.
At 10:01 AM, November 19, 2006,
Kelly said…
When do we find out????
At 3:21 PM, November 19, 2006,
Emm said…
We have a winner. Contest is officially closed.
Post a Comment
<< Home