The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Even the local Smoothies are in the Christmas Spirit!!!!



Each time you buy a smoothie it comes with a cute knitted toque!!!

How cute?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    chanuka the festival of lights 8days to go!

     
  • At 10:13 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    hahahha funny Rick... thanks for the reminder that Emm's blog should be culturally sensitive to make up for past errors.

    Love the smoothie toques. It totally makes it much more worth it to pay the 3 or 4 quid that those things cost!!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Broderick said…

    They call them 'Beanies' in England!

    How awesome is that! To Canadians a Beanie is one of those things that looks like a yarmulke but with a plastic propellor on top, usually found on Scooter Mackenzie's head in Beverly Cleary's Henry Huggins series.

    Points for anyone who can remember the name of Henry's dog. (That is if anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about. Can't be just me).

    Eric Wilson books? Brian Doyle? Anne of Green Gables?

     
  • At 9:47 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    Y'all know the Emm doesn't read (said with an OPrah voice)...

    Blogger hates me. I kept checking back for comments (work is slow) and it kept saying one. Finally I clicked on it to write an ignant message about having few comments and there were multiple. At least I could have saved face...

     
  • At 1:02 AM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1) I ALWAYS explain to Aussies that a beanie is that propellor hat, and they ALWAYS think it's hilarious. Though some have adopted the word "toque" because they realize beanie sounds like a word for fools

    2)Emm. Remember last year when I came to london and saw the christmas lights in that shopping street? (you know what I mean). Well here there is a massive christmas tree downtown made out of metal stars and everytime I go into the supermarket there are christmas carols playing -- but people don't understand the more wintery references -- I heard a girl sing "make the 'you time' gay" during a rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Luckily, I abhor Christmas and so the 39 degree weather has made it impossible for me to think that it's anything other than summer filled with people gone heat-crazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home