Hot Yoga.

Yesterday I tried my first batch of Bikram Yoga aka Hot Yoga. It is where you do yoga in a heated studio surrounded by 30 half-naked and schweaty people, including many men wearing itty-bitty shorts. It is very good for improving flexibility, increasing general schweaty-ness, and basic yoga strength. Here is a photo that the instructor took of me and my friend during the class. (I am the blonde one.) I was very schweaty.
Today is my graduation ceremony that is being held at Royal Drury Lane Theatre in Covent Garden. It will most likely be painfully boring but at least I get to wear a cap and gown and pretend to be important for a day. Jbooks will be attending the ceremony as the token Bailey rep. She owes me BIG time as I have been to four of her graduations (Junior High, High School, University, Masters) and she has been to one of mine (High School). She reminded me that I loved every minute of her graduations - I think I cried at all four of them. I reminded her that at my high school graduation, my family had an embarrassingly large amount of red wine on their table and they walked out of my University graduation to eat fries from the Chip truck. I don't mind though - my dog loves me.

9 Comments:
At 10:16 AM, December 12, 2006,
Emm said…
DO you think they will play the Vitamin C Graduation song?
I hope so!
At 3:48 PM, December 12, 2006,
Anonymous said…
You have a dog?
-Juju
At 4:52 PM, December 12, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Congrats Emm! Have a great day.
At 10:00 PM, December 12, 2006,
Kelly said…
I won't ruin the surprise for the Emm... but I think her graduation turned out to be a little more exciting then she had predicted.
Highlight of fourth year (or lowlight depending on how you look at it): When I rediscovered Vitamin C's GRaduation Song the last month of school. hahaha.
Or so it was the Baileys that caused that mass exodus in the early Bs of commencement. Too bad I couldn't have joined them. Chip truck or Jock Hardy (which is the University HOCKEY arena de-iced for the special occaison - lame) in a robe during the summer? Tough call.
At 10:24 PM, December 12, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I got in the elevator today and it had a strong smell of vinegar and all I could think of was the crinkle-cut fries dolloped with vinegar and Heinz ketchup that they sell in the Alberta rinks.
At 12:18 AM, December 13, 2006,
Rick said…
Em - just got home from graduation...what a great day!!!
At 2:55 PM, December 13, 2006,
Anonymous said…
crinkle rink fries!
sigh.....
At 3:17 PM, December 13, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on your grad Em!
At 12:10 AM, January 09, 2007,
Anonymous said…
congrats on your grad. i tried doing the bikram yoga once and it was tres difficult. i didn't know that you were supposed to wear shorts, or short shorts for that matter so I wore pants (not smart). i thought i'd be able to handle it because i do ashtanga yoga quite a bit, but I was wrong. I might try again though...
Post a Comment
<< Home