The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Give it Up for Lent! Woo!



Lent. 40 days. I asked myself on Shrove Tuesday what I would give up for Lent, something that I have never participated in despite being Catholic. (Insert negligent parent comment here.) My initial task was to give up smoking. Having said that, I don't smoke so I didn't see it as being a) difficult or b) a sacrifice. (Although I did go out and buy the patch and am currently feeling a bit faint.) So instead I decided to give up...

TAKE AWAY.

Ahhh!!!


Translation: Take out.

So for 40 days I have now given up Take Away. This does not mean that I can't eat at a restaurant, but it does mean that if I am at home and too lazy to make a meal, I am not allowed to dial my dinner. I need to take my lazy bum to the grocery store and make myself something.

Think I can do it?

10 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    I've survived my first day of Lent. Wish me luck for the next 39 days.

    Anyone else giving up anything news worthy?

     
  • At 12:59 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    Oh, and do read the Nelly comments for some gossip....

     
  • At 3:31 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    YOU CAN DO IT EMM! In fact to show my support I am going to join you in our attempt to jump on the Catholic bandwagon and give up refined sugar. That's right. No candy, chocolate, sugary drinks, etc for 40 days.

    Back from Van and wishing I was still there! You know what I don't wish for though? The return of my missing bag. Air Canada has managed to lose my luggage for the second consecutive time.

    HIghlight: getting my bag with ALL my clothes, tolietries and shoes back.

    Lowlight: eventually having Air Canada find my other bag with the fresh salmon and mussels whose 30 hours ice-packed travel time expired 14 hours ago.

    Since we are being all spiritual here maybe we can all say a little prayer that Air Canada doesn't find the bag and just has to cut me a cheque because otherwise it is just going to be rank.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Update on my Lent commitment. The woman in the office across from me just put up a display of assorted chocolates she is selling for her son's school fundraiser... AWESOME!!!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    Well, let's give it up for all you give it uppers! Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhh!

     
  • At 11:27 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Darb said…

    Just trying to get some of that old time religion. Is the 40 days of Lent because of the 40 days in the desert with Moses and company? Why ashes on Wednesday? Why pancakes on Tuesday? There must be a reason!

     
  • At 12:31 AM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    Just give it up unknown person!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Listen, I don't want to get all "I went to Catholic school" on you, but I believe the post-Vatican II consensus is that instead of giving something up, you should be adding something to your life that contributes to the community around you. Like, economically. Translation: spend money on take away.
    Case closed.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Seriously Bevs? Don't tell me that I just passed up chocolate truffle cake for nothing.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    I think this is day three of Lent. I'm not sure. My vision is a bit blurry and I feel like I have Shingles, or Tiles, or Hardwood Floors - whatever you call it.

    Lent is harder than I imagined!!!

    Thanks for the tip Bevs. Maybe I should dial Thai 101 and see if they will deliver my pad thai...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home