Fitness Second

The other day I found myself in downtown London with an hour to kill so I went to a city version of my local gym. I am a member of "Fitness First" Gym which is equivalent to "Club Fit" or "that other big one in Onterrible that escapes me now". (Obviously I never went.) This membership allows me to go to any Fitness First in the city.
Usually when I go to my local gym during the afternoon, there are a few people working out but it gets ridiculously crowded in the evenings. Good luck getting a treadmill then. Luckily I am an unemployed non-starving actress so I can go during the day and not stress about the post-work crowd using up all of the medicine balls.
So when I found myself at one in the afternoon, 1pm, thirteen hundred hours, in a crowded downtown London gym, I could only ask myself one question:
"WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS IS EVERYONE DOING HERE???? SHOULDN'T YOU BE AT WORK???"
Fitness second, people. Get a job!!! AND GET OFF OF MY TREADMILL!
This has been The Emm on Economics and Treadmills.
And if you haven't seen OKGO's treadmill video, do have a look:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

2 Comments:
At 1:16 PM, February 16, 2007,
Anonymous said…
EM PLEASE!!
do u think i have time to copy and paste that link onto another window!!
put the URL directly onto the web page!
At 5:43 PM, February 16, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Must be having ESPN. Feeling punk (see SSS) and can't get on treadmill either.
Post a Comment
<< Home