The Saga continues...
I continue to search for chicken wings in this @*$#ing country.
Tonight I went to a BBQ restaurant and decided to test out the chicken wings. The rest of the menu seemed legit for a BBQ restaurant, giving me faith in the wings. On offer, one could order large portions of ribs, double burgers, large ounce steaks, and of course, chicken wings. I decided to order a dozen wings rather than go for the half order. I mean, come on, they are JUST chicken wings people. I wasn't that hungry but wings aren't that filling.
What I didn't realize it that by "chicken wings", this restaurant literally meant "chicken wings". I was then served with two MASSIVE baskets of approximately six chickens, minus their bodies. These were wings. WHE- INGS.

The picture doesn't do it complete justice, but when the waiter placed the baskets in front of me, I said "Oh my goodness! What have I done???"
Needless to say, I would like to thank the minimum six chickens that died for my feast.
I would also like to add that as we finished our meal, the Edmonton Oilers vs Atlanta Thrashers came on the tv - so we ordered some Moosehead (Canadian beer) and watched the Oilers whip the T-rashers 5-1.
Life is good. Now, if only I could find me some classic honey garlic wings....
Tonight I went to a BBQ restaurant and decided to test out the chicken wings. The rest of the menu seemed legit for a BBQ restaurant, giving me faith in the wings. On offer, one could order large portions of ribs, double burgers, large ounce steaks, and of course, chicken wings. I decided to order a dozen wings rather than go for the half order. I mean, come on, they are JUST chicken wings people. I wasn't that hungry but wings aren't that filling.
What I didn't realize it that by "chicken wings", this restaurant literally meant "chicken wings". I was then served with two MASSIVE baskets of approximately six chickens, minus their bodies. These were wings. WHE- INGS.

The picture doesn't do it complete justice, but when the waiter placed the baskets in front of me, I said "Oh my goodness! What have I done???"
Needless to say, I would like to thank the minimum six chickens that died for my feast.
I would also like to add that as we finished our meal, the Edmonton Oilers vs Atlanta Thrashers came on the tv - so we ordered some Moosehead (Canadian beer) and watched the Oilers whip the T-rashers 5-1.
Life is good. Now, if only I could find me some classic honey garlic wings....

5 Comments:
At 10:42 AM, February 13, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Hi The Emm
It's your fellow Albertan, Sarah P, here (Jamie says hi!!)
I went on a similar quest to yours for NACHOS when I first arrived here. Searched for about 3 years before I gave up. Nachos seem to come with all sorts of things. I've had them with peas on the top, with a weird ketchup like 'salsa', with 'chili' containing all manner of unusual beans (green beans???) and really nothing that even comes close to a good plate of nachos. To avoid disappointment I just quit!
Hope to see you in Ox!
At 3:54 PM, February 13, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
I LOVE chicken wings! And nachos!
I am NEVER going to England!
At 8:23 PM, February 13, 2007,
Rick said…
wait..was this just after i left you at the "tube"?
At 9:44 PM, February 14, 2007,
Kelly said…
Those are some mean wings.
Much like you Emm, I am faced with the frustration of not being able to find a staple of my diet. Now before anyone cues up Mic Jagger I would like to say that I am NOT asking too much. All I'm searching for here is a decent thin crust wood-fired pizza. How difficult can that be. I have ventured now to three different places in Ottawa and nothing... I wonder if firezza is looking to franchise....
At 9:44 PM, February 14, 2007,
Kelly said…
Anyone know of some thin crsut wood-fired 'za in Van???
Post a Comment
<< Home