The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

R.C.M.Please


The American television shows that are aired in the UK never fail to amaze me. (I have mentioned watching the Cosby Mysteries to you - the what???) But here in the UK, I can watch Home Improvement, Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules, and Less Than Perfect all day yet no one has heard of Full House. My British friends (err...the people my parents pay to hang out with me that talk funny) don't know why the Olsen Twins are famous - and that amazes me. Especially since Danny Tanner taught me A LOT about life, during a period of my youth where perhaps my parents should have been reading to me, or something.

I have also noticed that Due South is on every now and then here. I often find myself tuning in to this show on quiet afternoons. This is where I insert my feelings on Due South.

I think Paul Gross is a great actor (U of A drama grad.)

Every time I watch Due South, I am alone in my flat or house and end up bawling over Constable Fraser's good deeds. They always play really sad Canadian music during the show and I since I feel particularly sympathetic to Mounties, I am always in waterworks.

Does any one else love this show? If so, have you seen the series finale? I have. Thrice. And all three times I was a mess.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Mounties.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, February 08, 2007, Blogger Emm said…

    K. Heis,

    I know the departure will be difficult, but many many many congrats to the real life Paul Gross on his achievements.

    I must warn you - my family have a thing for Mounties. Keep him away from the farm at all costs!!!

    PS - Due South is not as bad as when I was addicted to North of 60. That was BAD.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, February 08, 2007, Blogger El Oso said…

    Isn't Gordon Pinsent "Balky" from Perfect Strangers?

     
  • At 4:51 PM, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emm - I am with you with Due South. It is one of those shows that you love that you shouldn't talk about. La Femme Nikita anyone?

    Due South DOES have a great music person, who may or may not be best friends with Sarah McLachlan.

    You will have to tell me about the ending.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home