E. Bizzle on the S.Bizzle

Starbizzle.
The Bucks.
Bizzucks.
The S to the B.
Essbucks.
Or as some call it, Starbucks.
Now that I am an official actress, I have made Starbucks a regular in my life and as such, I have many thoughts about Starbys. Obviously.
First of all, whats with the Logo? Like, if someone came to me as I was sitting in Head office and they were like, "Let's create a coffee place called Starbucks", I'd say they were dumb and probably make them watch Tenacious D's new movie. If for some stupid reason I said, "Ok - that's a great idea, now let's come up with a catchy logo" and they gave me this (see above) I'd make them eat Turkish delights. One two though, I'm not cruel.
So, my drink of choice?
Pearce got me on to this when I visited her in BC. It's called The London Fog. But when ordering it I recommend saying Grande Earl Grey Tea Misto Non-Fat, Extra Hot, Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup. (It's half Earl grey tea, half steamed milk with a shot of vanilla syrup. It's pretty much amazing.)
WARNING: Sometimes ordering at Starbucks can be VERY stressful.
When I ordered my GEGTMNFEHSFVS yesterday, the barista said to me "Uhh...we don't have non-fat milk." I think my face must have dropped about 12 floors. "Kidding," he says. Not cool. My tea came to £1.37 and the comedian-slash-barista says "That will be three bucks please." Sorry? "Three bucks! Bucks! You have bucks in America right?" Uhhh...yeah. Could you please pass my MF-GEGTMNFEHSFVS??????

Regardless of whether I am sitting in, or taking it to go, I always get my Bucks-Bottle in a take away cup. It makes me feel cool. Like Britney Spears pre-Kevin.
As well, Red Leader and I agree that all property purchases should be valued as to its proximity to S.Bizzity.
Anyone have any good Starbizzle stories?

10 Comments:
At 8:04 PM, November 22, 2006,
Kelly said…
Starbizzuks. There is nothing like it. I ignore the critics who hate on S-bucks. They are just jealous that they don't have equally tasty treats (ginger molasses cookie or the skinny lemon poppy seed muffin which I ate very day for a month). Funny thing though. I have NEVER had coffee from there. I think it has to do with my inability to consume caffeine.
I like that you also always get the take away cup Emm. I mean I like trees, but I too like to feel trendy.
Most importantly, the Bucks in Ottawa supported AIDS. Fait accomplis.
At 11:09 PM, November 22, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
Do they have steeped tea at Starbucks? Extra large with milk? And a chocolate chip cookie?
At 12:07 AM, November 23, 2006,
Emm said…
HAHAHAHAHAH - These are great!! More! I want more!!!!
At 3:53 AM, November 23, 2006,
Anonymous said…
If you read the Bucky's book: "Pour your heart into it", or something like that it actually explains why they chose that logo. Some deep meaningful reason I think. Maybe about the city it originated in? I DID read it, but it was a last year and I must have consumed too many lattes because I dont remember the explanation. Good read Emm, it basically sums up how Bucky's has taken over the world.
And my fellow American friends, they are coffeebean-crazy over this phenomenon. Nothing else will do. Try driving 20 extra blocks, in rush hour, in the frigid cold Winnipeg winter because your Portland buddy needs her Bucky's. I mean, I love my Tim's and all but seriously people...
-Juju
PS. Sometimes when you order whip cream on top of you white chocolate mocha, they whip it up so high that its quite the disaster trying to put the lid on. Absolute mess. Just a warning.
S-to the-Bizzle...
At 5:01 AM, November 23, 2006,
Anonymous said…
GNFEHNWCH. Grande, non-fat, extra hot, no water, chai latte.
At 10:12 AM, November 23, 2006,
Rick said…
i have just been to Costa for a tea..not a patch on Starbucks
At 2:41 PM, November 23, 2006,
Broderick said…
That's weird, I used to order the London Fog too. I wonder if it actually was a BC thing, since I have no idea who Pearce is. Guy Pearce?
I used to take in bank deposits for the busy Starbucks in South Granville in Van and they made THOUSANDS daily. And made us count it individually. I have no sympathy.
At 2:41 PM, November 23, 2006,
Broderick said…
That's weird, I used to order the London Fog too. I wonder if it actually was a BC thing, since I have no idea who Pearce is. Guy Pearce?
I used to take in bank deposits for the busy Starbucks in South Granville in Van and they made THOUSANDS daily. And made us count it individually. I have no sympathy.
At 12:19 AM, November 24, 2006,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
We don't have those things where I come from.
At 12:20 AM, November 24, 2006,
Emm said…
Can you OD on Starbizzle?
In AB we had a rule - no more than 2 a day. Is that rule set in stone???
Post a Comment
<< Home