The Emm.

EK took the UK. Now It's up to me to finish the job.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The name's Emm. THE Emm.

James Bond is a British obsession. I had no idea until the movie opened here. It is on at every theatre 107 times a night and every show has been sold out for over a week now. On Sunday night, Rick and I decided to make it a Bond night. A James Bond night. The tickets for our 8:30 pm showing were bought at 11 am. Oh, SNAP!

We began the evening with Chinese buffet. While I filled up on my first plate, Rick guarded the table. While Rick got his first plate, I ate mine. When Rick came back, I went for my plate #2. When I returned to begin plate #2, Rick left to fill up his plate. This continued for the duration of the meal until I was too full but Rick kept filling up his plate. I think we sat at the table together for almost 15 minutes over a two hour period. That must be a record for us. We left China Red and walked all the way up the escalator in the shopping centre to the cinema. While I was in the Q to get us good seats, Rick was at the pub with some mates we ran into who were denied Bond tickets. Once I got us our seats (an hour before the film started), Rick got us pop and Revels. When Rick returned with the drinks, I had to use the loo. When I returned from the loo, the trailers had already began. Don't worry - we talked throughout the ENTIRE movie to make up for it!

Bond was great. Actually, I don't think Rick liked it. But what does he know, he's only British.

So the future James Bond?

The future Miss Money Penny?

Only time will tell...

8 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    You know there was no Miss Moneypenny and no Q in the movie. I just realized it. At least, I think they weren't there.

    And the former Miss Moneypenny was a Canadian actress so maybe a precedent has been set. Go for it.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    correction..
    did i like it?..yeah.
    Was it the best bond?..No
    PS - the same thing happened in Starbucks today. You went to get the drinks and i got the table, you then came back with the drinks and i went to the toilet!

     
  • At 11:30 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    Rick - I thought that was you at Starbucks. Stop following me dude. Its getting creepy.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Emm said…

    AB - no comment on my Money Penny dress???? I tried to look as British as possible for the Bond night. JAMES Bond night.

     
  • At 1:23 AM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Crazy Blogger Lady said…

    When I first commented, the photo hadn't come up. Dial-up you know.

    I just came on to comment on the outfit and I was going to say that, having read the mags recently, footless tights with dresses are totally in right now! So, what goes around, comes around I guess.

    In any case, in any style, you look great!

     
  • At 6:07 AM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Umm... can I borrow that outfit the next time you come home???

    -Juju

     
  • At 5:10 PM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE your outfit!!!!!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Kelly said…

    Looking hot Emm. Real switch from your "urban" look no doubt... unless that was the problem with the audition.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home