March Madness

Somehow in my lock-yourself-in-your-room-with-a-bag-of-Doritos-and-cry-for-a-week phase, I managed to forget that it was the third month of the year, which some might describe as "March".
With said month, comes snow (if you live in Alberta), rain (if you live in Angleterre) and basketball (if you live in America).
Due to popular request The Emm is now posting about March Madness. And so the ultimate question:
"Who is The Emm cheering for?"
She was raised believing she should cheer for Duke - because El Oso had instructed her to do so - but is now under the impression her team of choice should change. Some might describe this as "lack of loyalty", but others, like The Emm, would describe this as "I really don't know enough about NCAA basketball to make any non-girly decisions on what team to cheer for so I am hoping to be told who I should hope for and then I will cheer for them like a mofo bandit". Others would also describe this as "hopping on the bandwagon". Well...so be it! Call in the bandwagon, cause The Emm in hoppin on and is lookin' for a team to cheer for!

Any team suggestions?

15 Comments:
At 6:46 PM, March 05, 2007,
Emm said…
Be sure to check out more of the "Press Release" comments below.
At 8:02 PM, March 05, 2007,
El Oso said…
Duke has nothing this year. To my chagrin, they suck. (And for those of you who do not have ESPN.com as your homepage, they sullied their reputation a bit yesterday when Geralnd Henderson broke the nose of North Carolina's best player. As ESPN put it: "All three Duke assistant coaches accompanied Henderson off the floor, walking through as visceral a gantlet of booing as I can remember for a player in a college gym.").
Who should I cheer for in Duke's absence? I think these are the teams with a legitimate shot: Ohio State (they have the top prospect, Greg Oden), Texas (they have the other top prospect, Kevin Durant -- the next Kevin Garnett), Texas A&M, Kansas, Wisconsin, Florida (defending champs, UCLA (lost in the final last year). Georgetown could surprise a few teams, maybe Virginia. There are no surprises in that list. I basically rattled off the top 10 ranked teams in the country. As far as dark horses go, your guess is as good as mine. I think I will cheer for Texas A&M. Depsite the high ranking, they are not a glamarous pick, and I have a few friends who went to school there. I also have historically liked Kansas and will cheer for them. I've never liked any of the other schools on my list.
At 9:33 PM, March 05, 2007,
Matt Farris said…
cheer for the matt farris handsomes.
i hear they're cleaning up this year
At 10:04 PM, March 05, 2007,
Kelly said…
THANKS EL OSO!!!! You just made our life / catch-up MUCH easier!
At 10:04 PM, March 05, 2007,
Kelly said…
Emm did I miss something with the significance of the second picture? i don't get it...
At 11:30 PM, March 05, 2007,
Emm said…
Kel. Bandwagon.
Pretty AND Smart. Uhh... well...pretty.
EO - You rule.
At 11:40 PM, March 05, 2007,
Anonymous said…
EO, I was laughed at in 2003 when I picked Kansas. However they have a certain quiet strength. I shall be a supporter of Kansas in the brackets.
I'm sure it will be much like supporting Norwich. Blind optimism followed by a few unlikely victories ending ultimately in disappointment.
Grumble.
OTBC.
At 2:17 AM, March 06, 2007,
Kelly said…
Okay so I have a bad case of the dumbs...
OTBC? I'm looking at you JB of Norwich...
The worst thing you can do is go a couple days without the Emm's blog... I can't keep up. I am not even going to admit how long it took me to decode CBL.
At 5:28 AM, March 06, 2007,
Anonymous said…
CBL here. I am cheering for Texas A & M because I always thought it was a grocery store. And I love groceries. But I don't like buying them or putting them away. Just eating them. So, Texas A & M all the way. OTBTA&M!
At 11:53 AM, March 06, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Im with Kellarious on this one. I actually did figure the bandwagon thing out but it wouldn't have been a surprise if i didnt. Some of us think around the box..not in it, not outside it...AROUND..and there's nothing wrong with that!
No clue what OTBC is either....
At 1:51 PM, March 06, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
It's just another version of OTBTA&M! Silly!
At 1:51 PM, March 06, 2007,
Crazy Blogger Lady said…
And my hair has grown back already!
At 2:08 PM, March 06, 2007,
Kelly said…
Yeah CBL that did NOT help...
At 6:43 PM, March 06, 2007,
Kelly said…
Note to self: when trying to sneakily read ESPN.com at work turn down the volume on your speakers so not to get caught...
At 2:13 AM, March 07, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Sorry for the confusion everyone. OTBC actually means "On The Ball, City!" And is the first line of the chorus of Norwich's famous (relatively) song written in the 19th Century.
I have just travelled 250 miles to watch us lose, so, quite frankly,
OTBA&M
Post a Comment
<< Home